Basic Function: This is a combined internship. The intern will be working closely with the Volunteer Coordinator part-time and in programming at a Club part-time.
This internship will involve working in two separate areas, which would be part-time for each.
Volunteer & Internship Coordinator Internship
- Recruit volunteers for short-term, long-term and one-day volunteer projects. Recruit at college campuses, community organizations, and other local businesses.
- Review applications, conduct volunteer orientations, and place volunteer candidates. Ensure that proper paperwork is completed and that criminal background checks are conducted on each candidate.
- Accurately enter candidate data into data base and create ID cards.
- Conduct surveys/evaluations with volunteers and interns.
- Plan, organize and carry through Volunteer Appreciation.
Healthy Lifestyles Internship
- Develop relationships with children ages K-12 th grade during program hours.
- Prepare, plan, and facilitate groups with children.
- Assist in designing a variety of age appropriate activities addressing responsible decision making.
- Interact and be engaging with both youth & staff.
- Promote and stimulate interest and participation in program activities by members.
- Know and use positive youth guidance techniques including, but not limited to, positive role modeling, conflict resolution and positive discipline.
- Volunteer Coordinator for those volunteers placed at the site where intern will be placed at. Introduce the volunteers to the site, give tours, answer questions, and complete evaluations.
**This is a neat internship because the intern is able to see what happens before the volunteer is placed at the site, with the Volunteer Coordinator, and then able to interact with the youth and volunteers when they are in programming at the site as the Healthy Lifestyles Intern.
- Formal Education: Pursuing college degree (preferably in education) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of post-secondary opportunities and preparation is needed as well as experience working with junior and senior high school students.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with youth and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising groups of children.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Volunteer Coordinator Hours Available:
Tuesday & Thursday 12:30-5:30
Wednesday & Friday 9-2:00
Healthy Lifestyles Hours Available:
School Year Hours: 1 PM to 9 PM Monday-Friday
*Intern schedule will vary depending on site need and intern availability
***A stipend in the amount of $300 will be allotted to those interns able to complete 300 or more hours during the course of the semester.
How To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to Bethany Theisen, Volunteer & Internship Coordinator, by emailing it to email@example.com (as a PDF file) or by mail to: Boys & Girls Club, 345 30 th Avenue North, St. Cloud MN 56303. To help with the intake process, please submit an application on our website at www.bgcmn.org and click on the volunteer tab.
Deadline: Ongoing (looking for interns during Spring and Fall semesters)
"Boys & Girls Clubs of Central MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Service."
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 15-20 hours a week during a semester.
- Background Check cost to intern is $8.00
- Youth Development Internship
- Assistant Program Manager...
- "How Can I Help You?" Be an...
- Sports & Fitness Internship
- Healthy Lifestyles Internship
- Assistant Unit Director Internship
- Make a Positive IMPACT at the...
- Super Readers at Roosevelt Boys...
- Make a Difference! Be a KIDSTOP...
- 1, 2, 3...Are you good at...
- Academic Success Internship
- Volunteer Coordinator & Healthy...