Double Up Food Bucks is available at participating grocery stores and farmers markets across Michigan, and volunteers are essential in spreading the word about the program! The Double Up Food Bucks Local Coordinator will help to establish and lead the local network of outreach volunteers.
* Work with the Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator to build and sustain a volunteer-run network
* Cultivate relationships with local partners and potential sources of volunteer recruitment
* Work with the Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator to develop a regular volunteer schedule for each store and market and for events.
* Ensure volunteers are equipped with necessary supplies and materials on volunteer days
Fair Food Network’s Double Up Food Bucks program doubles the value of SNAP benefits, or food stamps, helping people bring home more fruits and vegetables while supporting local farmers. Find more information at www.DoubleUpFoodBucks.org
- Public Speaking
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 20 hours/month