Purpose of Position: Table Captains host tables of ten guests or more at the Ed Fund’s one-hour, free annual breakfast and are critical to the success of the event. This year’s Making the Change that Matters Breakfast will be held on Tuesday, November 1, 2016 from 7:30-8:30am. Site to be determined.
The Ed Fund is developing a variety of opportunities for community members to be introduced to the organization, including a monthly information session, an annual breakfast, and donor cultivation and recognition events. The annual breakfast is designed to introduce community members to the Ed Fund and to ask for their multi-year support.
- Attend the Table Captain Kick Off training session on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 from 7:00-8:00pm.
- Be in close contact with your Ed Fund Development Staff on your progress leading up to the breakfast.
- Develop "dream guest list" of 12-14 potential guests to join you at your table at the Ed Fund’s annual breakfast.Invite potential guests to attend monthly information session with you on Wednesday, October 12 from 7:00-8:00pm for their first introduction to the Ed Fund.
- Invite potential guests to attend other scheduled special events with you, such as the Getting Ready for College Conference on Saturday, October 15 or 22 from 9:00am-2:00pm.
- Personally invite guests to the Annual Breakfast and send "Save the Date" cards. Confirm their attendance.
- Submit final guest list with contact information to the Ed Fund Development staff by Tuesday, October 25, 2016.Two-three days before event, remind guests of event and that you’re looking forward to seeing them there.
- At breakfast, greet your guests and pass out and collect pledge cards from guests when instructed by the emcee.
- Thank guests for attending event.
For more information, please contact Ed Fund Development & Communications Director Laura J. Giacomini at 510-233-1464 ext. 106 or at email@example.com.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours