The Ed Fund is developing a variety of opportunities for community members to be introduced to the organization, including face-to-face meetings with major donors, a Business Partnership Program, monthly information sessions, an annual breakfast, and donor cultivation and recognition events.
Purpose of Committee: Committee members will assist in identifying and cultivating potential supporters to expand the Ed Fund’s giving base and build a self-sustaining donor program.
- Cultivate and solicit assigned major donors: thank donors upon receipt of donation, accompany staff on face-to-face informational and solicitation meetings, invite donors to events and to participate in volunteer opportunities, and follow up with targeted communication on donor areas of interest.
- Canvass small businesses in West Contra Costa County about joining Business Partnership Program.
- Target potential supporters to attend Ed Fund monthly information sessions and actively promote information sessions to interested partiesPlan and host the Ed Fund’s inaugural one-hour free breakfast Fundraising Breakfast on Tuesday, November 1, 2016 from 7:30-8:30am in Richmond, designed to introduce community members to the Ed Fund and to ask for their multi-year support.
- Commit to being a Table Captain, if possible and identify and recruit Table Captains to host a table of ten or more guests at the Fundraising Breakfast.
- Lead Board of Directors’ Thank-a-Thon to personally thank all donors who have made a gift in 2016.Plan and organize free feel-good cultivation events, including a Film Screening and our 29 th Annual Soaring to Excellence Celebration honoring collaborative partners, teachers and students.
- Conduct follow up calls to guests to thank them for attending fundraising and cultivation events and to ask them how they would further like to become involved with the Ed Fund.
- Attend bi-monthly Development Committee meetings and fundraising and cultivation event
- Major Donor Recognition Dinner, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 7:00-9:00pm
- Annual Breakfast Table Captain Kick Off, Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 7:00-8:00pm
- Annual Breakfast Rehearsal, Tuesday, October 25 , 2016, 7:00-8:30pm
- Annual Breakfast, Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 7:30-8:30am
- Thank-a-Thon, Thursday, January 12, 2017, 7:00-9:00pm
- Film Screening, Thursday, February 23, 2017, 7:00-9:00pm
- 29th Annual Soaring to Excellence Celebration, Friday, May 5, 2017, 6:30-9:00pm
- Commitment to education
- Strong communiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well and in a positive manner with people of diverse backgrounds
- Willingness to attend all meetings and participate in appropriate fundraising activities
- Attend Ed Talks, a one-hour introduction session on the second Wednesday of the month September through June from 7:00-8:00pm at the Ed Fund offices at 217C West Richmond Avenue, Point Richmond. To register, please visit http://www.edfundwest.org/events.
For more information, please contact Ed Fund Development & Communications Director Laura J. Giacomini at 510-233-1464 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project Management
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 hours per month
- Attend Ed Talks, one-hour introduction session on second Wed of month from 7-8pm at our offices