About this position:
The Confucius Institute at San Diego State University is looking for Photographers to help document our events and activities. You will be taking both candid and posed photos of individuals as well group photos to chronicle our program activities. Selected photos will be used in our marketing materials, website and social media channels. This is a great way to fine-tune your photography skills and get your work seen by a broad audience.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, self-motivated, and adaptable and must possess a strong sense of responsibility. Past photography experience is a strong asset. This opportunity is flexible enough to work around the schedule of a full-time study or job.
- Attend CI events as needed
- Take candid and posed photos of individuals as well group photos at program activities and special events
- Take pictures of CI staff and volunteers for various publications, including our website and newsletters
- Select and digitally edit photos as necessary
About the Confucius Institute at SDSU:
The Confucius Institute (CI) at San Diego State University was established in collaboration with the Office of Chinese Language International Council (Hanban). Hanban is committed to making Chinese language and cultural teaching resources and services available to the public and to the promotion of cultural diversity and harmony. Through academic partnership with Xiamen University, the CI at SDSU aims to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation between China and the United States. This partnership will serve to promote the development of Chinese language education in the greater San Diego region and Baja California as a whole, while continuing to foster historical understanding and cultural collaboration on both sides of the Pacific.
- Experience with live photography, taking candid and posed photos of people
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
- Reliable and accountable
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
- Time commitment: A minimum of six (6) month, ten (10) hours per week commitment is required
- Transition of responsibilities and training of other team members are required if you do not wish to remain in this volunteer position after the minimum commitment period
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title of the position in which you are interested
Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in the position, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number) and attach a résumé. You may also choose to include a portfolio of your previous work to show case your skills.
- Graphic Design
- Online Flash/Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- A minimum of six (6) month ten (10) hours per week