About this position:
Are you looking for the opportunity to completely reshape the online presence of a rapidly growing non-profit organization?
The Confucius Institute at San Diego State University is in need of a Volunteer Web Developer to build a new website from concept to completion. You will have the unique opportunity to design and build the website from the ground up. The new website should be modern, user-friendly, and easy to update with new content. Once the new website is built, you will be responsible for updating the website with new content and maintaining its proper operation.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic with a strong creative sense. You should be able to work both independently and collaborate with other staff. Past web design work and experience is a strong asset. This opportunity is flexible enough to work around the schedule of a full-time study or job.
About the Confucius Institute at SDSU:
The Confucius Institute (CI) at San Diego State University was established in collaboration with the Office of Chinese Language International Council (Hanban). Hanban is committed to making Chinese language and cultural teaching resources and services available to the public and to the promotion of cultural diversity and harmony. Through academic partnership with Xiamen University, the CI at SDSU aims to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation between China and the United States. This partnership will serve to promote the development of Chinese language education in the greater San Diego region and Baja California as a whole, while continuing to foster historical understanding and cultural collaboration on both sides of the Pacific.
- Familiar with web design platforms such as Django
- Reliable and accountable
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Time commitment: A minimum of six (6) month, ten (10) hours per week commitment is required
- Transition of responsibilities and training of other team members are required if you do not wish to remain in this volunteer position after the minimum commitment period
The majority of work will be completed remotely with periodic visits to the CI office for team collaboration and discussion sessions.
- Design and build a new website from the ground up
- Build your portfolio of work
- Unleash your creativity
- Help fuel the growth of a non-profit organization
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title(s) of the position(s) in which you are interested
Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in the position, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number) and attach a résumé. You may also choose to include references who can speak to your web design abilities.
- Graphic Design
- Website Project Management
- Website Programming
- Web Design / UX
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of six (6) month ten (10) hours per week