Undergraduate Immigration Internship
Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto (CLSEPA) is a non-profit legal services agency that provides free and low-cost legal services to low-income persons in the areas of immigration, housing, and economic advancement. CLSEPA Immigration attorneys represent immigrants in a variety of affirmative and defensive proceedings, including children facing deportation, victims of crime in applications for U visas, and survivors of domestic violence in VAWA self-petitions. In addition, we represent unaccompanied minors and families with children on the expedited docket in immigration court. We have a robust detained and non-detained removal defense practice.
CLSEPA seeks an Undergraduate Immigration Intern who will assist our busy and dynamic immigration program by providing administrative or clerical support. The clientele is mostly Spanish speaking, so excellent spoken and written Spanish and English are a must. Internships are available at either our East Palo Alto Office or our San Francisco Office, depending on current needs. Applicants must be able to volunteer at least two days per week for 6 to 8 weeks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage client inquiries
- Conduct screenings
- Assist in case management and mail processing
- Help plan and execute immigration clinics and workshops
- Assist with translations from Spanish to/from English, when applicable
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Empathy, professionalism, and commitment to low-income and underserved communities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Applications and Dropbox
APPLICATION:Please send resume, cover letter, availability, and list of three references to Aileen Connolly, Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Program Management
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18