Our Task is a community of global citizens who are concerned about the future of the planet. We are an independent, non-profit that is run 100% by volunteers from all over the world. Our mission is to transform young adults into global thinkers and empower them to lead the next generation in building a sustainable future.
In order to address the breadth of sustainability issues the world faces but also allow enough time to dig deep into how we can make a difference, Our Task will spend 6-month 'intervals' focusing on one area of concern at a time. The first interval will begin in 2017 and will focus on Soil, and the second half of 2017 we will focus on Food. We will finish this year with a youth conference in D.C. and Lilongwe, Malawi.
The Graphic Designer position could be an exciting and challenging role for someone who is interested in helping a dynamic nonprofit organization with various designs for its reports, blogs, website, posters for the youth 2100 conference, and who wants to make a difference in the world.
Key responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- To create a poster for The Earth 2100 Conference;
- To design a program booklet for the Earth 2100 Conference;
- To design (with help of other volunteers) the template for reports;
- To create an infographic for our new website which shows how global issues are interconnected.
- A strong interest and support for the work of Our Task;
- Experience in graphic design.
What will you have achieved by the end of this assignment:
- Experience of working in a non-profit, well-connected environmental organization
- Work your portfolio;
- Hands-on experience for your resume;
- A letter of recommendation on request.
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Graphic Design experience