The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life is currently accepting applications to build a STRONG Event Leadership committee in the Mandarin community! Join the nationwide movement to fight and end all types of cancer!
Basics of a Relay Event:
- All-day volunteer-lead event, similar to a festival or carnival
- Teams of people set up tents and fundraise around a track
- Members of each team take turns walking around the track for the duration of the event - because "cancer never sleeps"
- Food, games and activities provide entertainment and fundraising opportunities
- Family-friendly environment for the entire community
- Each team member is asked to raise a minimum of $100 in donations prior to the event.
Summary: This is the PERFECT opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference in the Mandarin community and meet new, inspirational people along the way. Our event is made up of a planning committee; simply put, this is a group of volunteer leaders who support, plan, and execute the Relay For Life event. Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature event; Relays are held all around the world every year in an effort to fight cancer and find a cure!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Earn volunteer hours by being a student ambassador!