Marketing and Communications Committee Member - Content Writer/Editor
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where6601 Custer RoadPlano, TX 75023
See www.lighteningalliance.org for details.
The Marketing and Communications Committee is responsible for raising community awareness of the mission and objectives of the organization. This committee serves as the public relations interface between the organization and the media.
Volunteer Position as Follows:
Lead Content Writer/Editor, Volunteer
Lightening Alliance (LACDC), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is seeking a part-time lead content writing and editor volunteer to improve our marketing communications’ creative and functional prowess. In addition to interfacing with the LACDC team, this candidate will work directly with the marketing and communications director from concept to completion. Skill sets should include project management, organization, communication, thought leadership and expertise in writing engaging, persuasive content. Strengths should demonstrate a dedication to excellence and a passion for execution.
The ideal candidate will view this role as an opportunity to showcase a complex and diverse project within their portfolio, which would demonstrate their project management, content expertise and dedication to a long-term project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Write persuasive, benefit-driven copy
- Write blog posts, email, direct mail, newsletters, sales letters, video scripts, media releases, articles and other related material
- Employ keyword-rich, semantic content targeted for the reader, but also applicable to the search engines
- Develop and present headline and concept writing
- Collaborate with team members on strategy
- Edit all content
(Note: Must have all of the experience listed below):
- Be able to commit 10 hours per month for a minimum of 2 years
- 3+ years experience as a writer and editor
- Strong, positive, and engaging collaboration style
- Demonstrate excellent editing skills
- Deep knowledge of AP Style Guide
Other skills a plus...
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with the popular content management system Wordpress,
- Success developing compelling content that aligns with creative strategies
- Knowledge of developing content strategies
To apply, please submit your resume and samples of related works with descriptions of your specific contributions to email@example.com.
About the Lightening Alliance
Formed in 2010, Lightening Alliance has been serving teens emancipated from foster care, run-aways and other young adults at risk of homelessness in North Texas. We are an all-volunteer organization with a passion for addressing the needs of this under-served and often overlooked population.
Our program integrates one-on-one training and group classes specifically designed for a holistic approach to physical, mental and emotional health with emphasis on combating the negative impacts of abuse, neglect, abandonment and post traumatic stress disorder.
Together we can make the difference.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 10 Hours per Month