Volunteer Route Driver
Position Location: PAL Offices
Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
Time Commitment: Volunteer must commit to at least one route.
Goals / Objectives:
Volunteer Route Drivers support our Pets-in-Need program by ensuring that our low-income senior, veteran, pet family and our homeless clients receive food for their pets each month. This job is critical to PAL's Pets-in-Need Program, serving clients and their pets directly.
- Deliver pet food and pet supplies to client homes once per month (minimum). PAL has weekly delivery routes, serving an average of 10 client homes per each route.
- Prior to your delivery day, pick up client food bags from PAL's Pet Food Pantry.
- Contact clients on your route a few days prior to delivery to confirm that they will be home.
- Be observant and check on clients and their pets to ensure that they are well and that their pets are not in need of any pet services.
- Complete a report form for each client visit and track volunteer hours.
- Able to work at least one four-hour shift per week
- Lift up to 30 pounds on occasion
- Some lifting and bending; full range of motion in lower and upper extremities and use of back
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer relation skills
- Route driver volunteers commit to one route (one delivery day) per month.
- PAL will require a route driver application and basic background check (free to volunteer), a print-out of your 3-year DMV record, copies of your driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Must attend Volunteer Orientation
- Complete informal training given by Warehouse Manager
- Varies but will be 3-4-hour shifts delivering food
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- Inventory Management
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One delivery day per month plus client calls