Join the PAL Volunteer Team!
PAL Humane Society is looking for volunteer Route Drivers to support our Community Pet Program by ensuring that our low income, senior, and veteran clients receive food for thier pets each month. This job is critical to PAL's Community Pet Program, serving clients and their pets directly.
- Deliver pet food and pet supplies to client homes once per month (minimum). PAL has weekly delivery routes, serving an average of 10 client homes per each route.
- Prior to your delivery day, pick up client food bags from PAL's Pet Food Pantry.
- Contact clients on your route a few days prior to delivery to confirm that they will be home.
- Be observant and check on clients and their pets to ensure that they are well and that their pets are not in need of any pet services.
- Complete a report form for each client visit and track volunteer hours.
- Route driver volunteers commit to one route (one delivery day) per month.
- PAL will require a route driver application and basic background check (free to volunteer), a print-out of your 3-year DMV record, copies of your driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Volunteers need to be willing to attend a volunteer orienation with PAL's Volunteer Coordinator and a training session with the Pet Food Pantry Coordinator.
Importance of this Role:
Transportation is essential to our Community Pet Program. With the help of volunteers, our clients will be able to keep their animals in their home, keep them healthy and cared for and out of the shelter system. This allows for healthy pets and happy clients!
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- Inventory Management
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One delivery day per month plus client calls