Hospice Compassus seeks volunteers of all ages who are kind-hearted and compassionate. We are looking specifically throughout Bucks County and in the Philadelphia Metro area for individuals and organizations to participate in our engaging volunteer program. As little as one hour a week or a few hours a month are helpful, and arrangements can be customized to accommodate each volunteer’s personal schedule.
Hospice Compassus Volunteers are trained to support terminally ill individuals and their loved ones. Training will be provided to make sure each volunteer is given the instructions needed to guarantee a positive experience.
Below is a list of current volunteer positions:
Bedside Volunteers - Visit with and support patients by playing music, writing letters or reading from a patient’s favorite book. Or provide respite to caregivers by sitting with patients while caregivers run errands or take a break.
Alternative/Complementary Therapy Volunteers - Provide comfort and relaxation to patients using music, reiki, reflexology, massage, aromatherapy or pet therapy. These volunteers are professionally trained prior to joining the team. All pet therapy animals must be certified.
Bereavement Volunteers - Make phone calls to caregivers and loved ones to provide emotional support. Or assist chaplains or bereavement coordinators with planning and carrying out memorial services.
Administrative Volunteers - Assemble informational packets, file, perform data entry, and other clerical duties. (This volunteer opportunity is based out of our Dresher, PA office near Willow Grove.)
To learn more about the program, contact Shaun Antrim, Volunteer Coordinator, at 1-800-557-7570 or email@example.com .
- Music Therapy
- Spiritual Healing
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Extremely Flexible! You Make Your Own Schedule!
- Hospice Chaplain
- Langhorne Hospice Volunteer...
- Retired! Looking for something...
- Retirement occurs when you...
- Do You Like Reading? Music?...
- Office Volunteers Needed in...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed for...
- Philadelphia Area Hospice...
- Bereavement Volunteers Needed!
- Office / Administrative...
- Pet Therapy Dog or Cat
- Hospice Massage Therapist
- Hospice Recreational/Craft...
- Music Therapists/Musicians-Share...
- Hair Stylists-Help hospice...
- Veterans for hospice visits
- Internship Opportunities...
- Volunteers Needed for Pottstown