Telephone Aid in Living with Kids, TALK Line, is a 24-hour parent helpline hosted by the San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center (SFCAPC), staffed primarily by volunteers. TALK Line handles over 3,800 calls per year, offering round-the-clock telephone counseling to anyone seeking support on topics related to caring for children.
- Spend 4-hours per week answering calls at the TALK Line Family Support Center in Haight-Ashbury for a minimum of 6 months
- Serve as a compassionate, objective listener for parents and caregivers in need of support
- Complete 27+ hours of initial and ongoing training led by professional psychologists
No previous counseling experience necessary!
Do you need parenting support yourself? Call the line: 415-441-KIDS (5437)!
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Family Therapy
- Crisis Counseling
- Case Work / Management
- Child Welfare
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week for 6 months
- 27 hours of start-up training; one 10-hour overnight shift per month