ReStore Volunteer Recruitment Assistant
The Volunteer Assistant(s) is (are) responsible for informing interested customers of the ReStore regarding volunteer opportunities. They maintain copies of job descriptions, enrollment applications and waivers. They are responsible for They are also responsible for scheduling volunteers at the ReStore, and informing the Volunteer Coordinator regarding schedules.
Supports: Supports Volunteer Coordinator, and Back Office Lead worker.
Remuneration: This position is an unpaid (pro bono) volunteer position.
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator in writing at end of each shift or during shift, if necessary.
This volunteer will fill at least one (1) three (3) hour shift, with preference given to Saturday mornings, 10a-1p. As more volunteers become available for this position, other days (M-F) and times (2-4p) will be schedule according to those volunteers’ availability.
* Volunteer must sign in the volunteer log book in the cashier’s office at the beginning of each shift and sign out at the conclusion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General ReStore Volunteer requirements:
- Completion of ReStore waiver
- ReStore orientation
- Presentable attire (as determined by the Volunteer Coordinator)
- Set up Volunteer Center at beginning of shift inside or outside ReStore entrance, determined by weather.
- Make sure Volunteer Center is stocked with necessary documents and other items.
- Copies of job descriptions
- Interest forms (blank)
- Proposed schedules (blank)
- Waivers (Adult & Minor)
- Schedule volunteers for work at the ReStore, on a schedule approved by Volunteer Coordinator
- Inform Volunteer Coordinator of all scheduled volunteers
- Forward all interest forms to Volunteer Coordinator
- Forward all waivers to Volunteer Coordinator
- Take referrals from potential volunteers who want to work on construction and forward to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assist customers if requested.
- Assist cashier if requested.
- Other duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak and read English
- Ability to speak and read additional language a plus
- Ability to explain ReStore volunteer service requirements and duties.
- Ability to explain ReStore’s self-determined time commitment.
- Ability to explain how volunteer service at ReStore results in HFH construction.
- Clean appearance
- Zeal for Habitat’s mission.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to set up a folding table, put up a display, and handle paperwork.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and speak for long periods of time.
Submit resume to:
ReStore- Habitat for Humanity Fresno County
1631 Railroad Avenue
Clovis, CA 93612
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hrs per week minimum
- Ability to strike up conversations with strangers, explain signup procedures, set up displays, etc.
- ReStore Yard Supervisor- Clovis
- ReStore- Core Volunteer Leader-...
- Habitat for Humanity Fresno...
- ReStore- Volunteer Recruiter...
- ReStore- Greeter- Clovis
- ReStore- Electronics/Technology...
- Summer ReStore Clean Up Day!
- ReStore- General Labor- Clovis
- ReStore- Greeter- Fresno
- ReStore- General Labor- Fresno