Child Care volunteers provide a safe space for parents to leave their children while they attend Tubman’s classes, groups, or services. Child Care Assistants implement developmentally appropriate opportunities for learning and play, while practicing conflict resolution to maintain a peaceful, happy atmosphere.
Impact & Benefits
- Give back to your community by directly supporting parents and families, building trusting relationships with children while maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Gain experience working with a diverse community of children, parents, and families
- Learn supportive crisis intervention and conflict resolution techniques to help support children and parents who have experienced trauma or family violence
- Follow agency guidelines as you interact with clients and maintain a child-centered environment, demonstrating healthy communication skills and practicing conflict resolution
- Help plan and implement developmentally-appropriate recreational activities that prepare children emotionally, physically, cognitively, and socially for school
- Keep the playroom areas clean, safe, and well-organized
- 2-3 hour shift two or more times a month for a minimum of six months, with flexible options
To get started visit our website and fill out our volunteer application so we can get to know you! http://www.tubman.org/get-involved/volunteer.html
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities.
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Child Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Two 2-3 hour shift a month for six months
- Flexible on call opportunities also available
- Personal Shopper (Minneapolis or...
- Youth Outreach Center Advocate
- Career Specialist Volunteer
- Child Care Assistant...
- Pet Therapy Partners - Volunteer
- Movement for Violence Prevention...
- Legal Counseling Advocate...
- Recruitment Specialist ( Intern...
- Support Group Facilitator -...
- Computer Resource Assistant...
- Community Partner Coordinator...
- Resource Counseling Advocate -...