Child Care volunteers provide a safe space for parents to leave their children while they attend Tubman’s classes, groups, or services. Child Care Assistants implement developmentally appropriate opportunities for learning and play, while practicing conflict resolution to maintain a peaceful, happy atmosphere.
Impact & Benefits
- Give back to your community by directly supporting parents and families, building trusting relationships with children while maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Gain experience working with a diverse community of children, parents, and families
- Learn supportive crisis intervention and conflict resolution techniques to help support children and parents who have experienced trauma or family violence
- Follow agency guidelines as you interact with clients and maintain a child-centered environment, demonstrating healthy communication skills and practicing conflict resolution
- Help plan and implement developmentally-appropriate recreational activities that prepare children emotionally, physically, cognitively, and socially for school
- Keep the playroom areas clean, safe, and well-organized
To get started visit our website and fill out our volunteer application so we can get to know you! http://www.tubman.org/get-involved/volunteer.html
In addition to completing the online application please send your cover letter and resume to Joanie Braun at email@example.com or call 612-767-6680 with questions.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities.
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- One 2-3 hour shift a month for six months
- Flexible on call opportunities also available