FREE OPPORTUNITY: Get Healthy by exercising & Raise Money for RHR at the same time! Let your miles help by downloading the app on your cell phone. Put in your pant's pocket while you Walk, Jog, Run, Hike, Bike (under 14 mph), X-country ski, Snow Shoe, & etc... It calculates the mileage, time, maps the route and gives you your stats for the day, month, and year! I even used it a few times to get me back to my car from a hike. ;O)
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on how to download this opportunity on your cell phone!
Please also see our "Exercise + Wooftrax" opportunity too! The Wooftrax application donates more money than this application (ResQWalk)! And has an added benefit of FREE IN REAL TIME VET ADVICE sent to you via text messaging! But you can also try this App to see which app you like the best.
- AGE REQUIREMENT: None -- If under 18 years old please get permission from your guardian/parent
- DURATION/TIME COMMITMENT: 30 minutes per walk/As long as you wish
- START: Immediately
- COMMUNITY HOURS: We do not provide a letter for this position -BUT- you can get information from the ResQWalk & Wooftrax apps on your phone (miles & hours walked). ALSO if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
What is ResQWalk:
The ResQWalk application is an iOS mobile app that enables animal lovers to raise money for animal rescues every time they go for a walk. Each week ResQwalk announces a donation pool (e.g. $2,500) and in order for a rescue to receive donations from the pool, its supporters simply need to check-in to the app when they go for a walk (with a dog, alone, with a friend, or in a group). Each walker's distance is recorded and added to the rescue's weekly sum.
- Download the FREE application on your cell phone through www.ResQWalk.com.
- Once in the application is on your phone choose "Ruff House Rescue" as your shelter.
- Before you start exercising log into the app on your phone.
- Make sure there is a green circle ("Start Walk") before you start.
- If not, you have to click on the "Ruff House Rescue" logo at the VERY bottom of that app's screen. **Otherwise your miles won't count towards RHR. You can start this opportunity immediately.
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in the comments:
- If you are participating in this volunteer opportunity --- we want to Thank You!
- Your comments/thoughts about this opportunity
- Your question(s)
- At the end of the week donations are paid out to the Rescues proportionally to the total distance walked.
- Example of earnings -- from 1/2015 to 9/2015 our RHR Supporters walked 2,479 miles = $101.73 donated!! (Donation pool during this period was usually $800-$1,000 per week)
- More companies (a.k.a. sponsor) get involved with ResQWalk = more money for donation pool each week = more free $$ per week to RHR!!
- More people use ResQWalk application for RHR = more free $$!
- If you want you can post your results to your Face Book page.
- Additional questions ---http://resqwalk.com/how-it-works/faqs/
- (SEE ONLY 1:21 through 2:04): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MBS2GNMt2s
***********************************************************************Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Outdoor Recreation
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 5
- If under 18 years old, permission of your guardian/parent
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Petco Adoption Events
- FREE VET ADVICE! Exercise +...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...