Event Coordinator for Dogs are Deserving Rescue
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
20 people are interested
Are you friendly, detail oriented, interested in spreading the word about dog rescue and love animals?
EVENT COORDINATOR - JOB DESCRIPTION
Help give maximum exposure to Dogs are Deserving’s adoptable dogs by making arrangements for events by working with venue managers to meet our collective goals.
1. Communicate with Event Committee and COO of DADR to make decisions on which events we will do.
2. Keep a calendar of all upcoming events
3. Decide or identify who will be the Event Manager for a particular event.
4. Contact venue manager to confirm date, time and details of the event.
5. Identify type of event for planning purposes - e.g., "Adoption Event", "P.R. Event" etc. Decide on theme, costs, volunteers needed and food (if providing). Basically project how the event will look.
6. Notify fosters and volunteers of event calendar and needs.
7. Give event details to marketing people to advertise event.
8. Set up event sheet to assist in projecting needs.
9. Keep inventory of supplies and order or purchase additional - if necessary - Marketing materials, dog supplies, t-shirts etc.
10. Make assignment list. Notify other volunteers of needs and assignments.
11. Notify DADR’s COO and Volunteer Coordinator of needs.
12. * Make the event happen per the planning.
13. Evaluate the event.
Assign to volunteers:
1. Send out survey
2. Update DADR Adoptables and Success stories books
3. Make a list of dogs attending for check in/check out purposes. Provide list to DADR representative for posting with event details.
4. Tear down and get things back to storage.
Assign to event manager which can be assigned to volunteer:
1. Gather all things together and organize for event. This involves going to storage. Also, needs change with different events. (Sometimes we need the tent or portable table.)
2. ** Ensure everything goes back into the proper containers or assign someone to do this.
* Note: The Event Coordinator does not need to be at each event. This is why we assign event managers.
** Note: Everything from an event MUST go back into the proper container to make life easier for the next event manager.
3. Sending contact name and address of location to thank you coordinator for handwritten thank you to be sent.
We'll work with your schedule.
VariousChicagoland, IL 60417
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training