Foster Coordinator for Dogs are Deserving Rescue
6 people are interested
Are you friendly, detail oriented, interested in spreading the word about fostering homeless and abused dogs?
FOSTER COORDINATOR - JOB DESCRIPTION
The primary responsibilities of the Foster Care Coordinator is to provide support to foster caregivers and Intake Coordintors.
Knowledge of dog behavior, training and breed traits are helpful. Common sense and hands-on experience for problem solving are also great assets to this position.
Assist Intake Coordinators in Processing Foster Applications
- Receive notifications when a new foster application is received.
- Verify residence if they live in a leased home
- Call their vet to verify their personal dogs are current on vaccinations, heartworm preventative and are spay/neutered.
Contact the applicant and arrange a time for their home visit and orientation.
- Present them with a copy of the Foster Manual
- Cover each area with them and answer questions
- Have them sign the agreement
- Keep a copy for yourself and email Dogsaredeserving@gmail.com for the files
Create a Profile for Foster Caregivers
It is important to get to know the foster’s, their personal dogs, and preference for a foster dog. By having this information, it cuts down on potential issues and problems later on. Inquire as to the best match for their home and situation. Until you get to know the person and their dogs, keeping notes of foster preference on dogs is helpful. (Age, sex, activity level, breed experience, and preference.)
Vet Services and Supplies and Data Entry
One the responsibilities of the Foster Coordinator is to keep track of the vetting needs of the foster dogs.
- Each dog’s information is in PetPal Manager and a copy of the dogs shelter and other vet records (you will need these later) for yourself and leave a copy with the foster.
- The Foster Coordinator will make sure that each foster dog has an adoption folder, collar, leash, crate (if necessary), food and coordinate with Medical Director to makes sure all fosters have flea/heartguard preventative monthly.
- Send contact information to thank you coordinator for handwritten thank you.
- Add foster to Foster list in Google Docs.
- Add Foster information to pet information in PetPal Manager
Foster Caregiver Support
- Problem solve with foster homes regarding behavior problems
- Provide written or web resources that address specific problems
- If dog needs to be professionally evaluated reach out to COO
We'll work with your schedule.
Various locationsChicagoland, IL 60417
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Animal Care / Handling
- Program Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training