Are you friendly, detail oriented, and passionate about finding forever homes for homeless and abused dogs?
ADOPTION COORDINATOR - JOB DESCRIPTION
The roles of the Adoption Coordinator are primarily focused around promoting adoption of pets in the adoption program. The Adoption Coordinator works directly with the COO, Foster Coordinator, and Events Coordinator. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following types of activities:
- Processing incoming adoption applications in conjunction with the COO and other processors
- Conducting/arranging pre-adoption screening home visits
- Working with Event and foster coordinator on promoting and managing adoption events
- Posting new adoption pictures on sites
- Making sure Event Coordinator has new adoption photo for success story book
- Sending addresses to our thank you coordinator for handwritten thank you notes
- Conducting follow up calls or emails with adopters for updates
- Speaking with previous adopters if a problem arises with their adopted dog and reaching out to COO if unable to solve the issue.
The Adoption Coordinator position requires someone with excellent communication and organization skills, good management skills and the ability to enforce policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a passion for rescuing pets facing euthanasia, will be comfortable working a diverse group of people and will be familiar with DADRs mission, goals and programs.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Animal Care / Handling
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training