Volunteer Coordinator for Dogs are Deserving Rescue
24 people are interested
Are you friendly, detail oriented, and passionate about helping animals and sharing your passion with others?
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR - JOB DESCRIPTION
The roles of the Volunteer Coordinator are primarily focused around promoting the rescue and obtaining new volunteers as well as assisting and maintaining current volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator works directly with the COO, Foster Coordinator, and Events Coordinator. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following types of activities:
- Plans, directs, oversees and coordinates the volunteer program of DADR
- Recruits, interviews, and processes volunteer applicants thoroughly.
- Determines which function each volunteer is best suited for; schedules volunteers to ensure maximum job satisfaction and fulfillment.
- Explores numerous ways to recruit new volunteers through community outreach and public relations programs. Plans, directs and organizes orientation for new volunteers; coordinates hands-on training between volunteers. Holds meetings to greet volunteers, determines daily schedules, and gets feedback from volunteers regarding job satisfaction.
- Conducts exit interviews with volunteers who can no longer participate in the program.
- Works with Event Coordinator to ensure events are adequately staffed.
- Assist Foster and Adoption Coordinator in arranging transport or locating volunteers to complete home visits.
- Enters new volunteers information in PetPal Manager
We'll work with your schedule.
Various locationsChicagoland, IL 60417
- Event Design & Planning
- Database Administration
- Basic Computer Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training