Somerville Catholic Charities Food Pantry
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
134 people are interested
Food Pantry volunteers needed:
A Greater Boston Catholic Charities food pantry is located at 270 Washington Street, Somerville, MA 02143 (617) 625-1920 Ext. 0
The Pantry’s summer hours are: Tuesdayand Thursday from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Volunteers are needed to set up the food pantry, help unload deliveries and help distribute groceries to clients. Shifts can be scheduled for either set up /restocking or distribution. Additional language skills (other than English) are helpful but not required.
On Tuesdays 9AM-12PM, 1-2 volunteers are needed to help unload the delivery truck from the food bank. This requires strength and mobility. Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs and walk up and down stairs.
On Tuesdays 1PM-4PM, 3-4 volunteers are needed to stock shelves and help clients select items from the pantry, as it is a choice pantry.
On Thursdays 1PM-4PM, 3-4 volunteers are needed to stock shelves and help clients select items from the pantry, as it is a choice pantry.
Volunteers at Catholic Charities are required to: complete an application, have an interview and a criminal background check prior to scheduling your first volunteer shift. Volunteers report to the Basic Needs Coordinator.
Parking is available in the lot behind the building. Bus # 87, #88 and #91 stop near the building.
About Catholic Charities of Boston
275 West Broadway, Boston, MA 02127, US
Catholic Charities is building a just and compassionate society rooted in the dignity of all people.
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has continued its mission of building a just and compassionate society rooted in the dignity of all people.
As one of the largest providers of social services in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities offers approximately 90 programs and services in 27 locations from Lawrence to Brockton and throughout to Boston. More than 200,000 people are helped each year regardless of faith.
Our programs and services are provided in three major areas:
- As an anti-poverty agency, Catholic Charities responds to the needs of the poor and working poor in our communities. This is accomplished by providing or helping them access emergency food, fuel, utility, rental, and mortgage assistance.
- Catholic Charities provides a variety of support services for children and families in order to strengthen and preserve families and provide children with the opportunities they deserve.
- With a variety of multicultural and multilingual services for immigrants and refugees, Catholic Charities is working to help these populations adjust to their new surroundings and become active participants in their communities.
Catholic Charities is a self-supporting, non-profit organization that relies on public, private, and United Way contributions.
We'll work with your schedule.
270 Washington StSomerville, MA 02143
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours weekly
- Must be able to stand 1+ hours, climb stairs, lift/carry 30 lbs