Assemble bag dinners for the homeless!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
23 people are interested
Each night, about 150 guests board a shuttle on the way to an overflow shelter. The WHRC aims to provide a bag dinner each day -- at the minimum, a sandwich for each guest, but ideally a full bag dinner. Most of these guests won't eat if we don't feed them, so the support means a lot.
Consider donating one of the following items, packing the bag dinners and dropping them off, or a collection of full bag dinners. Any amount helps!
One complete bagged dinner includes:
- A sandwich (PB&J or turkey with cheese - white OR wheat bread okay)
- Juice box
- Bottle of water
- Orange or other fruit (no apples, please - many of our residents are unable to chew them)
- Snack (pretzels, chips, etc.)
- Dessert treat (cookie, brownie, etc.)
Please put any sandwiches in a plastic Ziploc-style bag, and put the dinner items in a brown paper bag. It's a great idea for families, groups or schools to decorate the paper bags, too!
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People 55+