Awareness Auction Ambassador for Nature Abounds
Nature Abounds is a 501c3 national environmental nonprofit organization, and we're looking to have our first of what we hope to be an annual Awareness Auction. As the Awareness Auction Ambassador, you will solicit and manage donations of goods and services for Nature Abounds 2019 Awareness Auction, to be held during the month of March.
Reports to: Awareness Auction Manager
Time requirement: 5-10 hours per week
- Experience in asking for donations or the interest of gaining experience
- Basic understanding of nonprofit operation and funding concerns
- Understanding of Nature Abounds and our programs
- Strong organizational skills a must
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent "people" skills
- Solicit and obtain donated items and services for 2019 Awareness Auction, throughout the summer months.
- Secure at least 10 donated items (minimum value of $25 each). Manage all communications with individual and business donors.
- Obtain photographs and/or graphics that present each item for optimal sales results.
- Write attractive descriptions of each item that position it for optimal sales results.
- Provide photos and descriptions to Awareness Auction Manager, assisting as necessary.
- Maintain donor communications throughout the event.
- Provide donors with shipping instructions and ensure successful delivery of items obtained.
- Manage returns, if necessary.
- Provide donors with personalized IRS documentation from Nature Abounds.
- Assist Awareness Auction Manager with publicity and marketing plans, as needed.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Sales Marketing
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours per week