Awareness Auction Manager for Nature Abounds
Nature Abounds is a 501c3 national environmental nonprofit organization, and we're looking to have our first of what we hope to be an annual Awareness Auction. As the Awareness Auction Manager, you will oversee all aspects of Nature Abounds Awareness Auction, to be held during the month of March 2019.
Reports to: Nature Abounds President
Time requirement: 10 or more hours per week
- Experience in asking for donations or the interest of gaining experience
- Basic understanding of nonprofit operation and funding concerns
- Understanding of Nature Abounds and our programs
- Strong organizational skills a must
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent "people" skills
- Develop and execute marketing, communications, and publicity plan for Awareness Auction. (may recruit an assistant if needed)
- Recruit and oversee a team of 20-40 (no maximum) Auction Ambassadors who each procure and prepare 10-20 valuable items for sale.
- Attend web-based training course(s) for online auction system
- Set up and manage the online auction site, including verbiage and graphics. Manage all auction web site operations throughout the event.
- Coordinate all auction preparation, including tracking of donated items, photos and marketing.
- Maintain quality assurance of all auction item descriptions and positioning.
- Communicate auction preparation and delivery activities to all Auction Ambassadors.
- Execute the auction event, answering all bidder questions and ensuring that all shipments are delivered.
- Manage returns, if applicable.
- Reach a minimum of $10,000 in proceeds.
- Wrap up all aspects of auction by April 30, 2019.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Event Planning / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training
- 10 or more hours per week
- See description above