A GREAT FUNDRAISER for ALL groups & ALL ages --- schools, churches, senior centers, work offices, scouts, teams & etc. Anywhere there is a gathering of people. You can be as creative as you want!!
It is a great way to educate the public about RHR's mission, help homeless animals, and help with our fundraising efforts -- which are always needed!
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!FUNDRAISER:
- We can provide you some guidance and materials ... just let us know!
- Create a name for your fundraiser -- it can even be "Pennies for RHR"
- Set up how to educate your audience about RHR's mission
- The time frame for your effort (start/end dates and duration)
- How to collect the pennies (nickels, dimes, and quarters are accepted too)
- This opportunity can be started immediately
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in your comments:
- If you have started or will start this fundraising effort
- A snippet about you/your organization
- Your question(s)
- AGE REQUIREMENT: None -- If under 18 years old please get permission from your guardian/parent
- TIME COMMITMENT/DURATION: As much or long as you wish
- START: Immediately
- COMMUNITY HOURS: Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the BIKE, WALK, JOG, HIKE OR RUN (Exercise and record your miles for free $$) opportunity too!
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
** If this doesn't fit your schedule or your interest please check out our other opportunities listed below!!!
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH RHR:
- **Urgent** Dog Walkers [or] Kennel Cleaners -- 3 hrs/week! (Freeport, NY)
- Adoption Counselors, Post-Adoption Counselors [or] Foster Coordinators (Virtual)
- Create Your Own Volunteer Position (Virtual & In-person)
- E-mail Assistant [or] Social Media Blogger (Virtual)
- Exercise (Walk or Bike) record your miles for Free $$ -- ResQWalk a free mobile app (Virtual Opp)
- Face Book "Likes" -- Promote our Face Book page (Virtual Opportunity)
- Foster-to-Adopt [or] Foster Dogs/Puppies ** Urgent** (Freeport, NY)
- Garage/Tag Sale [or] Tupperware, PartyLite Hosting (Virtual Opportunity)
- Grant Researcher/Writer [or] Fundraising Scout (Virtual)
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to Help Out (Virtual Opportunity)
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual Opportunities (and In-person too)!
- Transport Our Pets (Near Freeport, NY)
- Owner Surrender Coordinator (Virtual)
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser -- Easy, Any Age/Group (Virtual Opp)
- Photographers & Videographers (In-person)
- Post Flyers [or] Install/Collect Donation Boxes (Long Island, NY)
- RHR Store Assistant (Long Island)
- Shoppers Get Your Coupons & "Shop-On" (Internet/Virtual Opportunity)
- Supplies for Rescue's Kennel (Virtual and In-person Opportunity)
- Smartphone + Exercise w/ Wooftrax = Free Money for RHR (Virtual)
- Wear Jeans for A Day (Virtual)
If the above Opportunities don't look interesting or don't have the time -- Below are Monetary Ways To Help:
1. Adopt a Dog/Cat:
Pre-Adoption Questionnaire located on www.ruffhouserescue.org
Available pets on Petfinder:
Make your donation larger with your Employer's Matching Grant Program!
Why? They may match dollar for dollar or a certain percentage of your donation for Registered Charities such as Ruff House. Please ask your Human Resource Department if they have one and how to register for their program.
a) Drop-off at Rescue or Order Pet Supplies:
See RHR’s Wish List on Amazon.com (see below) for products needed. Or order on-line if you live outside of the area (Amazon’s RHR’s Wish List): http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&id=3K6ROSWV2YKHR&type=wishlist
b) Via on-line with Credit Cards (Visa, Master, Discover, American Express):
One time donation or a monthly/automatic donation. You do not have to have a PayPal account to make a donation.
c) Via Mail (With a Check, Money Order or Credit Card):
Credit Card must include 9 pieces of information
- Name of Card Holder
- Card Number
- Master Card, Visa, Discover or American Express
- Billing Address (include zip code)
- Expiration Date
- Security Code (3 digit on the back of the card)
- Phone Number
- E-mail address (to contact you in the future for events and happenings at RHR)
Mail to: Ruff House Rescue, PO Box 365, Oceanside NY 11572
d) Kuranda dog/cat Bed:
https://kuranda.com/donate/10081 (directly put you into RHR's account)
3. Buy Merchandise (t-shirt, tank top, sweater or dog hoodie):
For your someone special’s birthday, Valentine’s, Graduation, Mother’s/Father’s Day, Christmas or other holiday event: http://ruffhouserescue.org & click on the Shop tab.
With an ad or article in the local (NY) news media.
***********************************************************************Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
Website: www.ruffhouserescue.org (for information)
Face Book: Ruff House Rescue NY
Ruff House Rescue, P.O. Box 365, Oceanside, NY 11572
DOGS/CATS FOR ADOPTION OR FOSTER:
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 5
- If under 18 years old, need permission of your guardian/parent
- **Urgent** Dog Walkers [or]...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Exercise (Bike or Walk or...
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual...
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage/Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Get Your Coupons & Shop...
- Exercise (Bike or Walk or...
- Create Your Own Volunteer...
- FaceBook "Likes" -- Promote our...