Pro Bono Accounting Services
The Ward 8 Workforce Development Council is in the process of applying to the IRS for non-profit status. To ensure the Council is positioned to meet the requirements of the IRS, DC Government and its members, the Council is seeking an Accountant or individuals with accounting skills to perform the following duties in collaboration with the Treasurer:
- Prepare an Annual Budget to present to the Board for approval
- Review monthly financial performance statement
- Assist in the preparation and filing of the IRS and local government tax forms each year
- Prepare quarterly financial performance statements
- Advise the Board of Directors on Best Practices in Accounting
This time necessary to complete the responsibilities will vary based on what need to be done. The time needed should not exceed 10 hours month, primarily when tax returns are due.
The purpose of the Ward 8 Workforce Development Council is to build the capacity of the Ward 8 workforce through the following means: (a) organizing neighborhood job tours; (b) continuing the work of the monthly Ward 8 Workforce Development Council meetings through strategic planning; (c) providing forums of dialogue; and (d) working collaboratively with other government and nonprofit groups all designed to ensure Ward 8 residents have the resources and support they need to find employment where they are able to be self sufficient.
- Financial Service Assistance
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible up to 10 hours a month