We are looking for quilters and knitters who are interested in donating to the NorthCare Hospice House. Quilts and afghans will be used to brighten patient rooms and to make family members and patients feel more at home during their stay at the Hospice House. Family members will be invited to take the quilt or afghan home with them at the end of their stay.
- Quilts and Afghans must be made of new materials and be machine washable
- Batting is not required.
- Preferred size is approximately 5’ x 5’. Other sizes are appreciated also.
- We ask that afghans be lightweight .
We are also always looking for individuals or groups who like to make and donate patriotic quilts for our Veterans. Each of NorthCare’s Veteran patients are presented with a quilt and a certificate thanking them for their service.
Standards are the same for these quilts.
Many times fabric is donated to us, and we can pass it along to quilters willing to support our program.
Melissa Basgall or Janie Helm
2800 Clay Edwards Dr.
10th Floor Room 1038
NKC, Mo 64116
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Hospice House Hospitality
- Veteran to Veteran Volunteer...
- Lifetime Legacy Video Volunteers
- Share the gift of music!
- Notary Public Volunteer
- Memory Pillow or Bear Sewers
- Independence Area Friendly...
- Does your heart go out to...
- Massage Therapy Volunteer
- Handyman/Handywoman Volunteer
- Patient Care Volunteer
- Quilting Volunteers Needed for...
- Do you have a certified Pet...
- Broad Range of Hospice...
- Hair Stylist Volunteer