JerseySTEM is a volunteer, grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the innovative, opportunity, and gender gaps in STEM education for children in New Jersey’s underserved communities. We are dedicated to partnering with local schools and other organizations to create and enhance STEM-oriented educational opportunities for students in grades 5-8 as part of their paths towards college and career readiness. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, and hands-on structured programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. Classes last up to 10 weeks and are predominantly taught by trained volunteer college students. Volunteers typically donate an average of 2 hours/week to the success of the program.
The G Suite Administrator is responsible for utilizing his or her expertise in the Google Suite apps and functions to administer users, groups, organizational units, and access to services. This position reports to the Director of IT.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position:
- Use GAM to manage aspects of Google Apps account
- Use GAM for reporting Google Apps account metrics
- Create, delete, and administer users for the domain
- Create and administer organizational units
- Configure sharing settings, policies, and reporting
- Configure mail delivery, routing, and filtering
- Configure and manage group settings
- Create and manage calendar resources
- Document processes to enhance organization's succession planning and future management
- Perform G Suite Security to safeguard key organization files, documents, and information
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture, and documentation
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external)
- Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years IT experience
Weekly Time Commitment Required:
5-7 hours per week commitment preferred
Position can be performed virtually
- Security / Network Administration
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer Science
- IT Consulting
- Database Administration
- Google Apps
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 5-7 hours per week preferred
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- COA: Java Tutor for High School...
- MKT: PR Manager/Content Writer
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...