Martin Volunteers is a program of United Way that recruits volunteers for non-profit agencies in Martin County.
The mission of the organization where this opportunity is located is to inspire the lives of at-risk youth and their families through substance abuse treatment, mental health counseling and vocational skills training.
Volunteers are needed to teach at-risk, young men the trade of refinishing furniture at an organization in Stuart. Come spend an hour or two on Wednesdays and/or Thursdays between the hours of 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. teaching young men the skills of sanding, stripping, painting, staining, and power tool safety. Background check required.
Please contact us for more information and an application.
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Community Patrol/Clerical ...
- Personal Care Scheduler (001230)
- Clerical (000360)
- Disaster Preparedness Scheduler...
- Thrift Store - multiple...
- Fundraising Event (01242)
- Receptionist (001207)
- Meals on Wheels Delivery Driver...
- Adult Day Club Visitors (000581)
- Receptionist/ Clerical (001197)
- Balance Coach (001235)
- Victim Advocate (001163)
- Meal Preparation #001239
- Administrative Support (001160)
- Successful Futures Assistant...
- Administrative Assistant -...
- Furniture Refinisher to work...
- Receptionist/ Appointment Setter...
- Thrift Store (001204)
- Receptionist (001201)