Make a difference in someone's life by connecting them with community resources! The Resource and Crisis Line Advocate is responsible for providing crisis intervention, supportive counseling, information, and referral services to individuals who call or walk into Tubman. Opportunities to volunteer are available at our both our Minneapolis and Maplewood locations. Training is provided and begins in May.
Impact & Benefits
- Provide immediate response and support to individuals in difficult situations or crisis
- Gain experience offering supportive counseling in response to a variety of life situations
- Make a difference in someone’s life by providing a bridge to community resources
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain calm in response to crisis situations
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening and the ability to respond appropriately to client needs; ability to work and collaborate with a team
- Ability to work with diverse teams and clients to foster a culturally inclusive environment
- Comfortable using a computer - this position involves using basic computer programs, internet research, and multiline phone systems
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of community resources
Applications are available on our website http://www.tubman.org/get-involved/volunteer.html
In addition to completing the online application please send your cover letter and resume to Joanie Braun at email@example.com or call 612-767-6680 with questions.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities.
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hours per week, weekdays
- People of color, all genders, multilingual speakers and people with disabilities encouraged to apply