Our food pantry provides staple dried foods and fresh produce to thousands of local families! As a Pantry Assistant with Pajaro Valley Loavse & Fishes, you will directly assist families and individuals in need by stocking, packing, and distributing groceries to our community.
Pantry Organization and Grocery Distribution:
- Assist the Pantry Manager with receiving and sorting produce, bread, and non-perishable food items to distribute to Pantry clients in an organized manner
- Maintain supply,cleanliness and organization of pantry areas
- Maintain values of dignity, empowerment, and respect with PVLF clients
- Assist in Pantry open and/or close, properly setting up and taking down produce items for refrigeration storage.
Client Intake and Produce distribution:
- Assist with client intake and data entry.
- Welcoming clients and assisting with the distribution of food and other available supplies.
- Welcoming PVLF visitors and volunteers if necessary
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of pantry areas with assistance from staff and other volunteers.
- Receiving phone calls courteously
- Maintaining values of dignity, empowerment, and respect with all clients, callers, staff and volunteers of Loaves and Fishes.
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training