Build Your Portfolio and Web Design Skills with a National Nonprofit.
Multimedia Graphic Design Volunteer, Eye to Eye
Have you been searching for the opportunity to use your creative talents to help transform the lives of others? Take your place on the Eye To Eye creative team and support our mission to improve the life of every person with a learning disability. Eye To Eye seeks to create a world in which people with LD / ADHD are fully accepted, valued, and respected--not just by society, but by themselves.
Eye to Eye is looking for talented graphic design volunteers to join our team. We are rebuilding our website, working on social media campaigns that need strong graphic concepts in line with our visual style and overall brand strategy. The volunteer will be tasked with content creation, building viral infographics, producing dynamic interactive experiences, and designing collateral for emerging divisions of the organization.
Please provide resume. Please provide portfolio link in the application and a link in your opening note.
Volunteer at an organization that values modern graphic design and has showcased our interns' work in venues as high-profile as Times Square LED billboards. http://ow.ly/Mft8s
Build your portfolio with dynamic and creative work that gets produced and seen while making a difference in the lives of kids with learning differences.
Get college credit and/or application of your knowledge in a real-world setting. We're looking for three to five full days a week during the summer and/or up to three part or full time days a week in the fall and spring. You can join our team in the heart of New York in Times Square offices and/or in Springfield, N.J.
Develop your skills in collaboration, communication, and creativity, while getting to know and work with some of the most talented and friendly professionals in the New York area.
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, or other related major. We are looking junior and senior students only.
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Word & PowerPoint.
- Ability to Skype.
- Proficiency in HTML and web content management systems (i.e. WordPress).
- Experienced in photography and videography, both shooting and editing.
- Knowledge of user experience design (UXD) is a plus.
- A self-starter who's detail-oriented, able to take initiative and ownership of assigned work project.
- Be able to troubleshoot and provide creative solutions when obstacles occur.
You can learn more at EyetoEyeNational.org
" I learned so much that I can apply to my career moving forward. My photography ended up on a Times Square billboard! " - Alyssa, Media and Photography Intern 2013/14
- Graphic Design
- Website Programming
- Video Production
- Web Design / UX
- Adobe Creative Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16