The Medical Team Hospice is currently looking for 11 th Hour Volunteers also known as Vigil Volunteers to assist in supporting patients during their final hours of the actively dying stage. Our hope would be that "no one dies alone".
Volunteers will help in creating peaceful surroundings, sharing in silence with patient and family. Offering a calm and peaceful presence, or possibly being an active listener if that is needed. You could play soft music or read something inspirational.
It is also important to provide relief to caregivers & family members or listen to family share stories about their loved one. Lastly you can help the family say good-bye to their loved one.
Specialized training and ongoing support are provided by our Interdisciplinary Team of Physicians, nurses, socials workers and chaplains. You will need to attend our regular volunteer training class as well as specialized training for the 11 th Hour Program, Submit to a TB test, and background check.
If you are interested please call Crystal at 810-239-3000 or email email@example.com
- Patient Care
- Family Therapy
- Youth Services
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Clarkston Volunteers Needed
- Nascar Lovers Volunteers Needed!!!
- Massage Therapy volunteer Lapeer...
- Saginaw Volunteers Needed
- Grand Rapids Volunteer
- FLINT volunteers need asap
- MILFORD VOLUNTEER NEEDED AT...
- ON Call Volunteers Needed
- Volunteers Needed Ypsilanti
- Volunteers Needed Waterford
- Office Volunteer Needed
- Grand Blanc Volunteers Needed...
- Volunteer Needed in Warren
- Waterford Volunteers Needed at...
- Volunteers needed in Taylor
- Volunteers needed in Fenton...
- Burton Volunteer Needed Mondays...
- Volunteer Needed Flint W Court...
- HOLLY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ASAP
- Volunteers Needed Milford