The JFS Social & Wellness centers provide social, educational, and recreational programs to older adults. Community members enjoy daily meals, excercise classes, art classes, games, and cultural programs and live entertainment. This is a home away from home for many older adults.
Want to be part of this incredible experience?As a Community Presenter, your goal is to present clients about your topic/area of expertise/interest via a lecture power point or question & answer session. Lectures can be on just about anything. Past lectures include
- Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail
- Musical performances
- How to avoid scams
- History of NASA
- Geology of San Diego coastlines
- Incorporating Jewish values into everyday life
- Technology and social media
- Local and national history
- Film and book history
If you want to engage in an active discussion with an audience or share you passion about a specific topic with a new group - this is the volunteer opportunity for you!*Please Note: The presentations cannot be sales pitches, and cannot be proselytizing
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
- Music Theory
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 45-60 min presentation during center hours Mon-Fri
- Apply early! Limited Availability.
- Musical Entertainers Needed!
- Event Planning Internship
- Development Administrative...
- Experience Career and Employment...
- Friendly Match: Mentor a Refugee...
- St. Paul's Cathedral: Help...
- Prepare Warm Meals to Feed Your...
- Give a Ride and a Smile: Older...
- Community Presenter Wanted!...
- Mandarin Translator
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed!
- Nutrition Server: Help Serve...
- Camp Pendleton & Murphy Canyon:...
- Blog & Social Media Internship
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Home Not Alone: Help an Older...
- Nonprofit Reception Support...
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant