The JFS Social & Wellness centers provide social, educational, and recreational programs to older adults. Community members enjoy daily meals, excercise classes, art classes, games, and cultural programs and live entertainment. This is a home away from home for many older adults.
Want to be part of this incredible experience?
Share your Talent through Performance! Share your knowledge through a discussion or lecture! Share your skills by Leading an Activity, Class, or Workshop!Performences, Lectures, and Activities can be on just about anything. Past events include
- Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail
- Musical performances
- How to avoid scams
- Nutrition & Self-Care
- Geology of San Diego coastlines
- Incorporating Jewish values into everyday life
- Technology and social media
- Arts and Crafts Projects
- ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SHARE!
If you want to engage in an active discussion with an audience or share you passion with a new group - this is the volunteer opportunity for you!*Please Note: The presentations cannot be sales pitches, and cannot be proselytizing
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
- Music Theory
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 45-60 min presentation during center hours Mon-Fri
- Apply early! Limited Availability.
- Development Administrative...
- Friendly Match: Mentor a Refugee...
- Food Pantry Downtown needs You...
- Prepare Warm Meals to Feed Your...
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Share your Knowledge, Talent,...
- Mandarin Translator
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed...
- Serve Lunch to Older Adults at...
- Corner Market Volunteer
- Food Pantry needs your help to...
- Blog & Social Media Internship
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Child Activity Helper
- Bikkur Holim: Become a Friendly...
- On the Go Administrative Assistant
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Nonprofit needs Reception...
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant