Join our Guardian Angels program! Must be located in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Connecticut. And be at least 21 years old. We are looking for special people to open their hearts and homes while a shelter pet awaits their forever home. Everything is paid for by the Rescue!
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
We are being flooded by shelters and other rescues to take in the over flow of puppies and kittens in need. Becoming a foster parent is one of the most rewarding and fulfilling experiences. MUST be willing to drive to Freeport, New York (close to Queens/Brooklyn, NY) for an interview and to pick up/drop off dogs/puppies.
You will have contributed to saving at least 2 lives - opening up space in our rescue facility to bring in another animal in need otherwise these animals may not have had a chance to survive in a kill-shelter. What better way to spend your time than helping a homeless pet in need? Without rescue they will not have a chance at life! We will provide you with guidance and support throughout the entire process.
KIDS & TEENS - must foster with a guardian/parent who is at least 21 years old. The adult is REQUIRED to fill out the foster application (Sorry no exceptions).
~ Saves 2 lives for each 1 dog fostered -- freeing up a space for another dog to be brought to our kennel (helps us to save more dogs from euthanasia)!!!
~ Provides a loving home for an animal that is looking for a fur-ever home!!
~ Very rewarding!!!
~ No money is needed -- All expenses are paid by RHR!! Puppies can be cared for in an xpen provided by RHR. We also provide food, toys, bedding, crate/puppy play pen and water bowls. Vetting is done by the rescue!!
LENGTH OF TERM:
Depends on age of the puppy/dog. Sometimes it is only a few weeks, a month, a few months, and sometimes longer. Let us know your availability and we will suite the best pet for you!
~ Live in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Connecticut.
~ Head of Household must be at least 21 years of age.
~ Home enough hours to care for pups but you don't have to be retired or a stay at home mom. Give a loving and comfortable place to stay while he/she awaits their forever home.
~ We have a Foster Application that once approved we can suit the right dog for your home.
We ALSO have a Foster-to-Adopt program -- is a little unique, it allows potential adopters to take a pup home for up to two weeks to ensure that a pup is the right fit for the family. Situations include, but are not limited to: a) if your current pet needs some transition time to accept a new pup and vice versa, a pup that needs to complete heart-worm treatment, or b) a pup that has a medical condition. If you are interested please visit our website at www.ruffhouserescue.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEXT STEPS FOR FOSTERS:
- Complete Foster Application: (takes 5 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address. Go to "Foster" tab and then scroll down to "Foster Application".
- If you are undecided, ask us questions ---Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in the comments: 1) If you completed the on-line Volunteer Application. 2) Your address 3) Question(s). ** When you complete #2 and #3 an e-mail will be automatically sent to you with more information about fostering a dog.
- Check out the dogs in need of fostering on our Facebook: "Ruff House Rescue NY" or Instagram or Twitter: "Ruff House Rescue".
- If you do not get a response from us within 4 business days please outreach to us at email@example.com.
- RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT:
See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
PLEASE click on the BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" link (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the RED "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Lots of patience, time and love
- Willing to drive to Freeport, NY (near Brooklyn/Queens)
- Clerical/Admin needed for Social...
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Transportation for Our Pups --...
- Foster a Dog or Puppy |or|...
- Web Designer - Experienced
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- In person & Virtual Junior...
- Petco Adoption Events
- Exercise + Wooftrax a free...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Blue Jeans | Pajamas for A...
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- DONATE YOUR BIRTHDAY ON FACEBOOK...