We are looking for special people to open their hearts and homes while a shelter dog awaits their forever home. What better way to spend your time than helping a homeless pet in need?
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
- Fostering saves 2 lives for each 1 dog fostered. Fostering frees up a space for another dog to be brought to kennel (helps us to save more dogs from euthanasia!!!)
- Provides a loving home for an animal that is looking for a fur-ever home!!
- Fostering is very rewarding
- We provide the food, medical care, crates....you provide the love!
We have 2 options available --- 1. Foster & 2. Foster-to-Adopt!!
The "Foster-to-Adopt" Program:
Allows potential adopters to take a pup home for up to two weeks to ensure that a pup is the right fit for the family.
Situations include, but are not limited to: if your current pet needs some transition time to accept a new pup and vice versa, a pup that needs to complete heartworm treatment, or a pup that has a medical condition.
- Fostering 101: http://ruffhouserescue.org/fostering-101/
- Manual: http://ruffhouserescue.org/foster-resources/ (you must click on the "Ruff House Rescue Foster Manual")
- Check out the dogs in need of fostering please check out posts on our Face book page (Ruff House Rescue - NY) or 1) Go to www.ruffhouserescue.org, 2) Click on the "Adopt Us" tab
- Complete Foster Application: 1) Go to www.ruffhouserescue.org, 2) Click on the "Foster" tab, and 3) Click on "Foster Application"
- If you do not get a response from us within 3-4 days please outreach to us at email@example.com
- If you are undecided, ask us questions ---Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in the comments: Your residence (City in New York), Question(s) and If you have questions about the Application
- Only serious inquiries please
- AGE REQUIREMENT: Head of house must be at least 18 years old
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
- Must be located near our Rescue in Long Island, NY.
- We have a Foster Application that once approved we can suit the right dog to your home.
- TIME COMMITMENT/DURATION: Depends on baby-adult/Approx. 1 to 2 months commitment (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer). For Foster-to-Adopt program (see below) up to 2 week commitment.
- PROVIDED TO FOSTERS: All expenses are paid by RHR (food & medical/vet bills) we just ask for you to give the dog a loving and comfortable place to stay while he/she awaits their forever home. We provide the crate/puppy play pen and water bowls.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
** If this doesn't fit your schedule or your interest please check out our other opportunities listed below!!
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH VMATCH: Some positions may be closed at periodic times! Look below for even more positions posted on Our website too!
- **Urgent** Dog Walkers [or] Kennel Cleaners -- 3 hrs/week! (Freeport, NY)
- Adoption Counselors, Post-Adoption Counselors [or] Foster Coordinators (Virtual)
- Create Your Own Volunteer Position (Virtual & In-person)
- E-mail Assistant [or] Social Media Blogger (Virtual)
- Exercise (Walk or Bike) record your miles for Free $$ -- ResQWalk a free mobile app (Virtual Opp)
- Face Book "Likes" -- Promote our Face Book page (Virtual Opportunity)
- Foster-to-Adopt [or] Foster Dogs/Puppies ** Urgent** (Freeport, NY)
- Garage/Tag Sale [or] Tupperware, PartyLite Hosting (Virtual Opportunity)
- Grant Researcher/Writer [or] Fundraising Scout (Virtual)
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to Help Out (Virtual Opportunity)
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual Opportunities (and In-person too)!
- Transport Our Pets (Near Freeport, NY)
- Owner Surrender Coordinator (Virtual)
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser -- Easy, Any Age/Group (Virtual Opp)
- Photographers & Videographers (In-person)
- Post Flyers [or] Install/Collect Donation Boxes (Long Island, NY)
- RHR Store Assistant (Long Island)
- Shoppers Get Your Coupons & "Shop-On" (Internet/Virtual Opportunity)
- Supplies for Rescue's Kennel (Virtual and In-person Opportunity)
- Exercise (Bike or Walk or Pokemon Go) + Smartphone (Wooftrax a free mobile app) = Free $$ for RHR
- Wear Jeans for A Day
If the above Opportunities don't look interesting or don't have the time -- Below are Monetary Ways To Help:
1. Adopt a Dog/Cat:
Pre-Adoption Questionnaire located on www.ruffhouserescue.org
Available pets on Petfinder:
Make your donation larger with your Employer's Matching Grant Program!
Why? They may match dollar for dollar or a certain percentage of your donation for Registered Charities such as Ruff House. Please ask your Human Resource Department if they have one and how to register for their program.
a) Drop-off at Rescue or Order Pet Supplies:
See RHR’s Wish List on Amazon.com (see below) for products needed. Or order on-line if you live outside of the area (Amazon’s RHR’s Wish List): http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&id=3K6ROSWV2YKHR&type=wishlist
b) Via on-line with Credit Cards (Visa, Master, Discover, American Express):
One time donation or a monthly/automatic donation. You do not have to have a PayPal account to make a donation.
c) Via Mail (With a Check, Money Order or Credit Card):
Credit Card must include 9 pieces of information
- Name of Card Holder
- Card Number
- Master Card, Visa, Discover or American Express
- Billing Address (include zip code)
- Expiration Date
- Security Code (3 digit on the back of the card)
- Phone Number
- E-mail address (to contact you in the future for events and happenings at RHR)
Mail to: Ruff House Rescue, PO Box 365, Oceanside NY 11572
d) Kuranda dog/cat Bed:
https://kuranda.com/donate/10081 (directly put you into RHR's account)
3. Buy Merchandise (t-shirt, tank top, sweater or dog hoodie):
For your someone special’s birthday, Valentine’s, Graduation, Mother’s/Father’s Day, Christmas or other holiday event: http://ruffhouserescue.org & click on the Shop tab.
With an ad or article in the local (NY) news media.
***********************************************************************Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
Website: www.ruffhouserescue.org (for information)
Face Book: Ruff House Rescue NY
Ruff House Rescue, P.O. Box 365, Oceanside, NY 11572
DOGS/CATS FOR ADOPTION OR FOSTER:
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Lots of patience, time and love
- * Must be located near our Rescue for adoption events and our Vet clinic for shots and appointments
- **Urgent** Dog Walkers [or]...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Exercise (Bike or Walk or...
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual...
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage/Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Get Your Coupons & Shop...
- Exercise (Bike or Walk or...
- Create Your Own Volunteer...
- FaceBook "Likes" -- Promote our...