We are being flooded by shelters and other rescues to take in the over flow of puppies and kittens in need. We are looking for special people to open their hearts and homes while a shelter dog awaits their forever home.
What better way to spend your time than helping a homeless pet in need? Without rescue they will not have a chance at life!
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
- Saves 2 lives for each 1 dog fostered -- freeing up a space for another dog to be brought to our kennel (helps us to save more dogs from euthanasia)!!!
- Provides a loving home for an animal that is looking for a fur-ever home!!
- Very rewarding
- No money is needed!
- Puppies can be cared for in an xpen provided by RHR. We also provide food, toys, bedding, etc.
- Vetting is done by the rescue!!
- Be local to Freeport, New York -- 20 mile radius or less.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Home enough hours to care for pups but you don't have to be retired or a stay at home mom.
We ALSO have a Foster-to-Adopt program!! The "Foster-to-Adopt" program is a little unique. It allows potential adopters to take a pup home for up to two weeks to ensure that a pup is the right fit for the family. Situations include, but are not limited to: if your current pet needs some transition time to accept a new pup and vice versa, a pup that needs to complete heartworm treatment, or a pup that has a medical condition. If you are interested please visit our website at www.ruffhouserescue.org.
NEXT STEPS FOR FOSTERS:
- Check out the dogs in need of fostering on our Facebook: "Ruff House Rescue NY" or Instagram or Twitter: "Ruff House Rescue"
- Complete Foster Application: (takes less than 5 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address. Go to "Foster" tab and then scroll down to "Foster Application"
- If you do not get a response from us within 3-4 days please outreach to us at email@example.com
- If you are undecided, ask us questions ---Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in the comments: 1) If you completed the on-line Volunteer Application. 2) Your residence (City in New York). 3) Question(s).
- Go to our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address. Go to "Foster" tab and go down to "Foster Resources"
- Only serious inquiries please
- AGE REQUIREMENT: Head of house must be at least 18 years old
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
- Must be located near our Rescue in Long Island, NY.
- We have a Foster Application that once approved we can suit the right dog for your home.
- TIME COMMITMENT/DURATION: Depends on baby-adult/Approx. 1 to 2 months commitment (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer). For Foster-to-Adopt program up to 2 week commitment.
- PROVIDED TO FOSTERS: All expenses are paid by RHR (food & medical/vet bills) we just ask for you to give the dog a loving and comfortable place to stay while he/she awaits their forever home. We provide the crate/puppy play pen and water bowls.
- COMMUNITY HOURS: Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
*************************************************************************Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Lots of patience, time and love
- * Must be located near our Rescue for adoption events and our Vet clinic for shots and appointments
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Petco Adoption Events
- FREE VET ADVICE! Exercise +...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...