We are looking for special people to open their hearts and homes while a shelter dog awaits their forever home. What better way to spend your time than helping a homeless pet in need?
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
- Fostering saves 2 lives for each 1 dog fostered. Fostering frees up a space for another dog to be brought to kennel (helps us to save more dogs from euthanasia!!!)
- Provides a loving home for an animal that is looking for a fur-ever home!!
- Fostering is very rewarding
- No money is needed!! We provide the food, medical care, crates....you provide the love!
We have 2 options available --- 1. Foster & 2. Foster-to-Adopt!! Fostering is pretty much self-explanatory but the "Foster-to-Adopt" program is a little unique. It allows potential adopters to take a pup home for up to two weeks to ensure that a pup is the right fit for the family. Situations include, but are not limited to: if your current pet needs some transition time to accept a new pup and vice versa, a pup that needs to complete heartworm treatment, or a pup that has a medical condition.
- Check out "Fostering 101' on our website.
- Check out the Manual -- you must click on the "Ruff House Rescue Foster Manual") once in the website.
- Check out the dogs in need of fostering
- Complete Foster Application: 1) Go to www.ruffhouserescue.org, 2) Click on the "Foster" tab, and 3) Click on "Foster Application"
- If you do not get a response from us within 3-4 days please outreach to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are undecided, ask us questions ---Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in the comments: Your residence (City in New York), Question(s) and If you have questions about the Application
- Only serious inquiries please
- AGE REQUIREMENT: Head of house must be at least 18 years old
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
- Must be located near our Rescue in Long Island, NY.
- We have a Foster Application that once approved we can suit the right dog to your home.
- TIME COMMITMENT/DURATION: Depends on baby-adult/Approx. 1 to 2 months commitment (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer). For Foster-to-Adopt program (see below) up to 2 week commitment.
- PROVIDED TO FOSTERS: All expenses are paid by RHR (food & medical/vet bills) we just ask for you to give the dog a loving and comfortable place to stay while he/she awaits their forever home. We provide the crate/puppy play pen and water bowls.
- COMMUNITY HOURS: Letter ONLY provided for some In-person Opportunities BUT if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: See below or ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH RHR:
(Copy and paste the above link into your web browser or Click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue RHR" link located on the upper, left hand corner of the screen). Look below for even more positions posted on Our website too!
- Dog Walkers [or] Kennel Cleaners -- 3 hrs/week! (Freeport, NY)
- Adoption Counselors, Post-Adoption Counselors [or] Foster Coordinators (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Unique Volunteer Positions (Virtual & In-person)
- E-mail Assistant [or] Social Media Blogger (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Exercise + ResQWalk (Virtual Opp)
- Foster-to-Adopt [or] Foster Dogs/Puppies ** Urgent** (Freeport, NY)
- Garage/Tag Sale [or] Tupperware, PartyLite Hosting (Virtual Opportunity)
- Grant Researcher/Writer [or] Fundraising Scout (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to Help Out (Virtual Opportunity)
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual Opportunities (and In-person too)!
- Transport Our Pets (Near Freeport, NY) -- HOLD
- Owner Surrender Coordinator (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser -- Easy, Any Age/Group (Virtual Opp)
- Photographers & Videographers (In-person)
- Post Flyers [or] Install/Collect Donation Boxes (Long Island, NY)-- HOLD
- RHR Store Assistant (Long Island)
- Shoppers Get Your Coupons & "Shop-On" (Internet/Virtual Opportunity)
- Supplies for Rescue's Kennel (Virtual and In-person Opportunity)
- Exercise + Wooftrax (Virtual)
- Wear Jeans for A Day (Virtual)
***********************************************************************Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
DOGS/CATS FOR ADOPTION OR FOSTER:
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Lots of patience, time and love
- * Must be located near our Rescue for adoption events and our Vet clinic for shots and appointments
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- RHR Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Donations for Thrifty Pawz...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Talents Needed to Create...
- Petco Adoption Events
- FREE PRIZES (until 1/30) & FREE...
- Poster Campaign
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual...
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage/Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Get Your Coupons & Shop...
- Dog Treat Sales/Baked Goods
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...
- Unique Volunteer Positions...