RHR volunteers walk dogs, clean kennels and crates, feed dogs, wash dog bowls, give an occasional dog a bath, organize supplies, sometimes take home laundry, and give our pups lots of hugs. Experience it once and you will want to come back! Join our team of caring and awesome volunteers! Only Serious inquiries please. You must be at least 21 years old (sorry no exceptions) for this position.
Give us 3 hours a week and we will give you great exercise and a lotta love back from our rescue dogs. Volunteer requirement for at least 1-2 months.
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Be able to handle dogs of varying sizes/weights
- Must pick up dog waste on walks, it's a dirty job but we all have to do it.
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: See our "Junior Volunteer" position
- COMMUNITY HOURS: YES letter is provided. Also you can do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk"or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
- TIME COMMITMENT: 3 hour shift per week for at LEAST 1-2 months
- Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 2 minutes) on our website -- click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" link in the upper left hand corner to get our website address. Once in the website go to the "Volunteer" tab and scroll down to "Volunteer Application".
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in your comments:
- The one-3 hour shift per week you are available to help at the kennel - day of the week & time slot (see BELOW for more information)
- If you are at least 18 years old
- Yes/No if you completed our on-line application (see #1)
- Any questions/comments
If you do not get a response from us within 5 days please outreach to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekday Shifts (Monday through Friday): 9:30am to 1pm --OR-- 7pm to 10pm
- Weekend Shifts (Saturday and Sunday): 10am to 1pm --OR-- 6pm to 9pm
- Footwear: Wear sneakers or boots (no flip-flops/open toed shoes)
- Clothing: Appropriate outerwear. Layers are best. No loose flowing skirts or dresses.
- Pockets: a way to carry plastic bags and newspaper when walking dogs. If that is not possible a waist/fanny pack.
- Additional things to bring:
- Plenty of drinking water. In the summer, there are plenty of restaurants open nearby to purchase food after your shift.
- If you have a 4-6 foot leash please bring each time -- we never seem to have enough leashes.
- Suntan lotion and Bug Spray (warmer months)
- Hand sanitizer - we do provide a sink with soap and paper towels to wash up.
- No treats from home, please only use the treats we have at the kennel.
MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). Click on "Volunteer Opportunities" tab.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- * Commit to one 3-hr shift per week for 1-2 months
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Transportation for Our Pups --...
- Grant Research/Writer Team --...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Petco Adoption Events
- Exercise + Wooftrax a free...
- Virtual Junior Volunteer Positions
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...