Give us 3 hours a week and we will give you great exercise and a lotta love back from our rescue dogs. Volunteer requirement for at least 2 months?
RHR volunteers walk dogs, clean kennels and crates, feed dogs, wash dog bowls, give an occasional dog a bath, organize supplies, sometimes take home laundry, and give our pups lots of hugs. Experience it once and you will want to come back! Join our team of caring and awesome volunteers! Only Serious inquiries please.
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to handle dogs of varying sizes/weights
- UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT: See our "Junior Volunteer" position
- COMMUNITY HOURS: Letter provided. If you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk"or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
- TIME COMMITMENT: 3 hour shift per week for at LEAST 2 months
- Please complete our Volunteer Application (takes less than 5 minutes) on our website -- Step 1: Go to www.ruffhouserescue.org, Step 2: Go to the "Volunteer" tab, and Step 3: Click on "Volunteer Application"
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in your comments:
- The one-3 hour shift per week you are available to help at the kennel - day of the week & time slot (see BELOW for more information)
- If you are at least 18 years old
- Yes/No if you completed our on-line application (see #1)
- Any questions
- If you do not get a response from us within 3-4 days please outreach to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekday Shifts: Monday through Friday: 9:30am to 1pm --OR-- 7pm to 10pm
- Weekend Shifts: 10am to 1pm --OR-- 6pm to 9pm
- Footwear: Wear sneakers or boots (no flip-flops/open toed shoes)
- Clothing: Appropriate outerwear. Layers are best. No loose flowing skirts or dresses.
- Pockets: a way to carry plastic bags and newspaper when walking dogs. If that is not possible a waist/fanny pack.
- Items to bring:
- Plenty of drinking water. In the summer, there are plenty of restaurants open nearby to purchase food after your shift.
- If you have a 4-6 foot leash please bring each time -- we never seem to have enough leashes.
- Suntan lotion and Bug Spray (warmer months)
- Hand sanitizer - we do provide a sink with soap and paper towels to wash up.
- No treats from home, please only use the treats we have at the kennel.
- Must pick up dog waste on walks, it's a dirty job but we all have to do it.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: See below or ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH RHR:
(Copy and paste the above link into your web browser or Click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue RHR" link located on the upper, left hand corner of the screen). Look below for even more positions posted on Our website too!
- Dog Walkers [or] Kennel Cleaners -- 3 hrs/week! (Freeport, NY)
- Adoption Counselors, Post-Adoption Counselors [or] Foster Coordinators (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Unique Volunteer Positions (Virtual & In-person)
- E-mail Assistant [or] Social Media Blogger (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Exercise + ResQWalk (Virtual Opp)
- Face Book "Likes" -- Promote our Face Book page (Virtual Opportunity)
- Foster-to-Adopt [or] Foster Dogs/Puppies ** Urgent** (Freeport, NY)
- Garage/Tag Sale [or] Tupperware, PartyLite Hosting (Virtual Opportunity)
- Grant Researcher/Writer [or] Fundraising Scout (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to Help Out (Virtual Opportunity)
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual Opportunities (and In-person too)!
- Transport Our Pets (Near Freeport, NY) -- HOLD
- Owner Surrender Coordinator (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser -- Easy, Any Age/Group (Virtual Opp)
- Photographers & Videographers (In-person)
- Post Flyers [or] Install/Collect Donation Boxes (Long Island, NY)-- HOLD
- RHR Store Assistant (Long Island)
- Shoppers Get Your Coupons & "Shop-On" (Internet/Virtual Opportunity)
- Supplies for Rescue's Kennel (Virtual and In-person Opportunity)
- Exercise + Wooftrax (Virtual)
- Wear Jeans for A Day (Virtual)
The following positions are listed on RHR's website. Please go to www. ruffhouserescue.org & click on the "Volunteer" tab to learn more details about these positions: help with Mailings, help at Petco Adoption Events and others, Poster Campaign, Baked Goods for events, Dog Treat Sales, Marketing Specialist, Donate Prizes for fundraising events, PLUS MORE. After visiting the website please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com if you interested in this positions.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
DOGS/CATS FOR ADOPTION OR FOSTER:
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- * Commit to one 3-hr shift per week for 2-3 months
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Donations for Thrifty Pawz...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Create Masterpieces for RHR's...
- Petco Adoption Events
- FREE VET ADVICE! Exercise +...
- Poster Campaign!! Short Term
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual...
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day!! Short Term
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Get Your Coupons & Shop...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales...
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...