It's Wonderful To See - Preschool Vision Screening
27 people are interested
Who are the Jules and Doris Stein UCLA Support Group?
The Support Group is a broad based volunteer network created to support the faculty, staff and outreach programs of the UCLA Stein Eye Institute. . .helping to provide the best possible vision for every person.
Recruiting volunteers for the Preschool Vision Screenings a Jules and Doris Stein UCLA Support Group program. Volunteers will assist the vision screening at public and private preschools to identify preschoolers who may have refractive error or eye muscle problems. Early detection of these treatable conditions can avoid countless school-age problems. Screenings last approximately two - four hours and are scheduled on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday morning. No experience required. Desired candidates must enjoy working with children ages 3 to 4 years of age. Minimum time requirement are four vision screenings per season. The season begins beginning of September to the holiday break in December. Screenings takes place at local preschools throughout Los Angeles Westside, Santa Monica and parts of San Fernando valley. Volunteers provide their own transportation to the preschools or carpooling is available from the Institute upon request.
Preschool Vision Screening Annual Orientation
August 6th from 10:30 - Noon
- Brief Introduction of the Jules and Doris Stein UCLA Support Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Overview of Common Pediatric Vision Disorders - Presented by Dr. Melissa Chun
- Review of the Vision Screening Stations
- Handheld Auto-Refractor
- General Guidelines for Pass/Refers Vision Results
- Thank you and Q&A
- As needed, further hands-on training on the vision screening equipment
For additional information and to RSVP, please contact Shirley Egbert the Volunteer Coordinator (310) 206-7128.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Children Medical Services
- Child Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Four vision screenings per season. The season begins September to the holiday break in December.