13 people are interested
Our computers are utilized by English Language Learners in a variety of ways. Open computer time is used by students to learn and practice digital literacy skills. Specifically, they will practice mouse, typing and computer use skills (applying for jobs, pursuing educational opportunities). Computer training focuses on providing a place for students to consistently and comfortably develop the skills required to live and work in the United States. Students range from pre-literacy learners to students preparing for the GED.
- Experience teaching or tutoring adult learners, preferred but not required
- Experience working with English language learners, preferred but not required
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and a desire to listen, talk, and learn with New Americans
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Word, Internet search, and email skills required.
Assist up to five students in an English class at a time with digital literacy skills.
- Monday - Thursdays, 1:00-2:30
- Minimum of 1 hour a week
Complete the internship application form at
Questions? Please contact Faith Loggers-Jamnik at FLoggers-Jamnik@iimn.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
International Institute of MN1694 Como AvenueSt. Paul, MN 55108
- Adult Education
- General Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)