Volunteer English Navigator
25 people are interested
We are looking for empathetic, patient, motivated people to help us pilot a Volunteer Navigator program at the Institute. A Volunteer Navigator is part-guidance counselor, part-coach, part-cheerleader, and part-mentor. If you are eager to use your communication skills and your creative problem-solving to help our adult English language learners reach their career, educational and personal goals, this opportunity could be for you.
Two hours once per week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between the hours of 11am and 2pm (same time/day each week), with potential evening times opening up from January-March. Minimum of three to four months after training.
- Prepare each session to meet the learners’ goals and needs
- Keep a record of session activities and learner progress
- Provide reports as requested by the program coordinator
- Inform coordinator of problems or absences
- Ask for help from program staff when an answer is not apparent
- Follow up with learners if absences occur
To apply, go to the International Institute of Minnesota’s website at https://iimn.z2systems.com/np/clients/iimn/projectList.jsp
Questions? Please contact Faith Loggers-Jamnik at FLoggers-Jamnik@iimn.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
International Institute of MN1694 Como AvenueSt. Paul, MN 55108
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)