Be a part of making the 2017 Lunar New Year Festival at Qualcomm Stadium the best yet! This is a great opportunity if you like to be involved with the community while making new friends and feeling good about supporting a local nonprofit organization (Little Saigon Foundation).
THE EVENT: The Lunar New Year Festival at Qualcomm Stadium will celebrate the Year of the Rooster in 2017! We welcome 30,000-35,000 guests from all over San Diego and offer unique food options, art exhibitions, live cultural performances, firecrackers, lion dances and tons more. WWW.LUNARNEWYEARFESTIVAL.ORG
WHO WE ARE: Little Saigon Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization working out of City Heights to revitalize the infrastructure of Little Saigon, promote culture and tourism in the area, and engage youth, residents, and businesses in civic responsibilities. WWW.LITTLESAIGONSANDIEGO.ORG
Our team has over 40 years of combined experienced hosting large-scale events in San Diego and we're always looking for new faces and an opportunity to expand our event planning strategies and overall vision of the event.
OPPORTUNITY: Take a look at the list below to see all the possible ways you can help. If you see anything you'd like to do, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Vendor Acquisition Chair - PAID
The Vendor Acquisition Chair is responsible for securing the participation of booth vendors for the festival. It is our job to present the festival in a clear, understandable and professional manner to prospective vendors. Team members must attend festivals, fairs and farmer’s markets to secure vendor leads. Further requirements include keeping track of new vendor leads on Google Spreadsheets. All vendors secured by Acquisition Chair with signed contract and payment to receive 20% commission on the receipt of Vendor Booth Fees.
Sponsorship Committee Co-Chair - PAID
The mission and goal of the Sponsorship committee is to ensure that the Lunar New Year Festival is properly funded so we can host the most successful event for our community. We are the face of LSF so all team members must be professional in dress, language, manners and attitude. Team members will arrange meetings with and talk to small businesses, corporations, organizations, schools and anyone trying to promote a product or service. If team member feels that he or she is not confident enough to close the deal, they must refer to Lead Sponsorship Coordinator and he will advise further action. At the event, team will assist sponsors with event details (setting up, obtaining information, breaking down equipment, etc.)--Sponsors are VIPs and we must provide them with anything and everything in order to have a flawless event. All sponsors secured by Co-Chair with signed contract and payment to receive 20% commission on the receipt of Sponsorship Fees
This job requires you to have excellent communication skills and the ability to connect with people of different ages. The volunteers you will be working with range from high school students to young professionals. You will need to promote volunteering through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns. You will monitor, support, motivate and accredit volunteers for their volunteer efforts. You will ensure there is adequate training and support for all volunteers leading up to the festival date. You will also need to attend our staff weekly meetings, as well as arrange your own volunteer committee meetings.
1. Stage coordinator
· Booking entertainers for entertainment programs
· Ensuring the entertainment programs are fun, engaging, challenging and meet the mission and purpose of the LSF.
· Ensuring the entertainment programs are age appropriate
· Coordinate back up entertainment programs
· Evaluating the entertainment program on an ongoing basic and implementing improvement, making best use of the available resources
· Setting up and running rehearsal schedules
· Supervising the "get in" to the event when the set, lighting and sound are installed and the "get out" when all equipment are removed.
· Running the backstage and on stage areas during performances
· Liaising with stage personnel, technician and performers.
· Prepare and negotiate performance contracts
· Compute and record totals of transactions
2. Assistant stage coordinator
· Be the backup to the stage coordinator
· Booking programs, contact performers, answer questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
· Coordinating parking, setting up, all props, and necessary equipment for all act, performances.
· Setting up and coordinate dressing room, checking in/out of performers. Ensure all performers arrive on time.
· Ensure food and beverage are available for all staff
Public Relations Host
· Check in/out VIP guests
· Greet VIP guests and maintain clean and orderly VIP areas
· Entertains VIP guests, remain available for assistance and be informative about what’s going on in and around the event.
1. Photographer, Video/YouTube Production Team
· Take pictures and promotion videos
· Create pre- and post-event promotion materials
2. Street Promotion Team
· Highly energetic, enthusiastic, and dependable individual with excellent oral communication skills to lead a team of promotion staff to promote the Festival at various locations.
· Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
· Plan and execute advertising policies and strategies
· Contact organizations to explain services and negotiate presale contracts.
· Direct and coordinate promotion events, deciding on giveaway, freebies, and discounts to boost presale tickets and promote the Tet festival.
3. Hashtag team
· Follow and daily post/promote on Twitter
4. Facebook team
· Follow and daily post/promote on Facebook
5. Social Media Strategist
· Strategize on outreach ideas
· Identify biggest promoter/speakers with biggest influential
· Create contest, challenges, and trivia to engage and reward followers
· Plan and execute market research for the latest trend to plan advertising campaigns
- Participation in a worthwhile cause and making long-lasting impact
- Pride in building a non-profit organization without having to start one from scratch
- Meet unique and wonderful people
- Build your resume and references
- Gain event organizing experience
- A great escape from boredom
- A great social adventure
-Day of event: FREE admission, FREE t-shirt, FREE food, fun, friends!
Call/text 858-880-7359 or e-mail for more information, or come to our meetings, held every Monday at 6:30pm at 4444 El Cajon Blvd. Suite 11 (next to Hoover High School), San Diego, CA 92115.
Vietnamese not required.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment