Foster Grandparent volunteers are needed to tutor/mentor children with exceptional or special needs in elementary schools throughout Putnam County. Basic eligiblity requirements apply.
- Be at least 55 years of age;
- Be loving, patient, and enjoy working with children;
- Meet federal income eligibility guidelines;
- Be able to serve an average of 20 hours/week;
- Obtain medical clearance;
- Pass state and FBI National background checks and a national sexual predator check.
Applicants accepted into the program receive:
- A tax-free stipend, currently $2.65/hour;
- A modest travel reimbursment;
- Pre-service training and ongoing training;
- Supplemental accident and liabilty insurance while on duty;
- A meal while on duty.
To learn more about how you can make a difference, call or email Lisa Valukevich, FGP Director: (386) 328-8875 or email@example.com.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- a full school year