Volunteer Management Coordinator
8 people are interested
Passion for Life, Inc, is a 501C (3) non-profit organization; we are seeking a volunteer coordinator to work with a collaborative team to recruiting, retaining, organizing, growing, and maintaining volunteers to serve the endeavors of Passion for Life, Inc.
Estimated time commitment and meeting format
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participation in a bi-weekly conference call
- Participation in Passion for Life, Inc. events, taking part in at least one Passion for Life, Inc. event of program activity per quarter.
- Estimated time commitment: 5-10 hours/ month depending needs
- Busiest time period: work is consistent throughout the school year
Term limit: One-year commitment
You will be expected to participate in the following:
- Development: Assist with the recruiting, training and engagement of volunteers on an ongoing and as needed basis.
- Implementation : Coordinate with other committees and board members to stay abreast of the volunteers needed for the various endeavors of Passion for Life.
- Oversee all volunteer program activities, including recruitment, registration, training, engagement, management, retention, and data collection of volunteer services.
- Maintain volunteer calendar of events.
- Develop and maintain volunteer program policies and procedures in conjunction with the Operational Effectiveness Committee.
- Help Marketing Committee to create, update, and distribute all volunteer literature, recruitment needs, and collateral
- Assist Marketing with creating and implementing strategies to increase volunteer giving, service, advocacy, and retention
- Establish and maintain contacts and relationships with schools, community and corporate groups, City/County departments, community leaders, and representatives of outside agencies and the media for the purposes of filling needed volunteer positions.
- Monitoring: Maintain regular reports and updates on all progress to all applicable committees, board members and stakeholders.
Skills and abilities needed to succeed as a member of the Event Coordination Committee:
- Prefer experience working with and coordinating volunteers for a non-profit organization (or equivalent) and demonstrated success in recruiting, retaining, organizing, growing, and maintaining volunteers to serve organization needs.
- Uphold integrity, positivity, diligence, and professionalism when interacting with all volunteers.
- Organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Well-spoken and articulate on the phone and in an event setting (small and large audience)
- Excellent time management
- Project management mindset
- Leadership capability and desire
- Demonstrates professional conduct at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working with a team. Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative.
If you are interested in this role, please DO NOT APPLY via volunteermatch. Copy the following URL to your browser to apply via our application system: https://jobsp4l.has-jobs.com/human-resources-coordinator-assistant-atlanta-ga/55461/0
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 88715Atlanta, GA 30356
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 Hours per month