Clinic Reception Volunteer
46 people are interested
General Clinic Reception Volunteers provide support to our front office staff.
- Greet clients in the lobby
- Help maintain order in the lobby as clients and pets wait for their appointment
- Escort clients and their pets to an exam room
- Fill water bowls for pets waiting in the lobby
- Routine light cleaning and other daily chores
- Assist with daily closing responsibilities
- Help maintain the pet food pantry - distributing food, straigtening shelves, etc.
- General office chores - making copies, etc.
Shifts are typically between 10am and 2pm Monday through Friday. Twice each month a late clinic is held between 2pm and 6pm.
CLINIC RECEPTION VOLUNTEERS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO A MINIMUM OF ONE 4-HOUR SHIFT EACH WEEK, PREFERABLY ON A CONSISTENT DAY OF THE WEEK.
Pets In Need seeks volunteers who are interested in committing to a long-term relationship with the organization. Due to our limited staffing, we cannot utilize volunteers seeking opportunities to satisfy a community service hour requirement.MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
About Pets In Need of Greater Cincinnati
520 W Wyoming Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45215, US
Our mission is to provide affordable, high-quality veterinary care to allow individuals and families of limited means to enjoy the benefits of healthy and responsible pet ownership. We advocate and facilitate spay/neuter as an integral component of pet health, as well as a means of controlling pet overpopulation. We assist in situations where individuals are overwhelmed by the needs of animals in their care in order to prevent the neglect, abuse, and/or abandonment of these animals.
Pets In Need began in 2009 as program of the UCAN Nonprofit Spay Neuter Clinic and the Freestore Foodbank. The program provided bi-weekly clinics on Sundays and served approximately 500 animals each year. By 2012 it had become clear that the demand for services far exceeded the capacity of a part-time effort.
Today, Pets In Need operates full-time from its own permanent facility, serving more than 3,500 pets from hundreds of qualified low-income households.
It is one of only a handful of nonprofit organizations anywhere in the country whose primary focus is on providing low-cost veterinary care.
We'll work with your schedule.
520 W Wyoming AveCincinnati, OH 45215
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week
- Flexible, ability to work in stressful environment, comfortable with dogs and cats