GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
The Volunteer Coordinator creates and maintains current the monthly in-clinic volunteer schedule for medical providers, nurses, clinical support volunteers and interpreters. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for providing initial response to potential volunteer inquiries, coordinating with Medical Director, Clinic Coordinator and/or Executive Director for acceptance of volunteer applications. The Volunteer Coordinator will ensure all requirements are met before volunteer takes first in-clinic shift.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create monthly in-clinic schedule in coordination with volunteer availability and clinic needs.
- Maintain electronic file of contact information of current and potential volunteers accessible to clinic staff.
- Respond to prospective volunteer inquiries.
- Provide general information about clinic and volunteer opportunities and written volunteer role descriptions to prospective volunteers as they relate to individual's interests and qualifications.
- With input from Medical Director, Clinic Coordinator and/or Executive Director, assess fit with current volunteer needs.
- Verify credentials and standing of licensed or certified professionals.
- Provide all required paperwork to prospective volunteers and coordinate receipt of all relevant documents and completion of screening tasks required per role.
- In coordination with Clinic Coordinator, schedule/assist with orientations for new volunteers.
- Refer volunteers not appropriate for in-clinic service to Executive Director.
The Volunteer Coordinator is directly supervised by the Executive Director, with input from the Medical Director and Clinic Coordinator as needed.
Varies; generally not less than 5 hours per week but not more than 10. Most work can be carried out off-site, but monthly orientation is conducted on-site, and there is occasional need to come to the clinic to pick up or drop off materials.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Internet access from home or primary off-site workspace
- Proficient with Google Docs, Sheets and Forms or experience with other word processing and spreadsheet applications and willingness to learn Google products
Previous experience with volunteer or staff scheduling
- Google Apps
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies; 5-10 hrs/week.
- Most work can be carried out off-site, but some visits to the site will be necessary.