- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
9 people are interested
Please help us maintain the exterior grounds of our clinic facility!
- Keep the parking lot and sidewalks free of trash and leaves
- From April 1 through October 31, mow our little patches of grass
- Prune the shrubs in the planting beds in front of the clinic building, as needed
- Pull weeds in the planting beds as needed
- Clean up leaves in the fall
- Clean up and mulch planting beds in the spring
- Shovel snow off the sidewalk and entrance to the clinic
Pets In Need seeks volunteers who are interested in committing to a long-term relationship with the organization. Due to our limited staffing, we cannot utilize volunteers seeking opportunities to satisfy a community service hour requirement.
About Pets In Need of Greater Cincinnati
520 W Wyoming Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45215, US
Our mission is to provide affordable, high-quality veterinary care to allow individuals and families of limited means to enjoy the benefits of healthy and responsible pet ownership. We advocate and facilitate spay/neuter as an integral component of pet health, as well as a means of controlling pet overpopulation. We assist in situations where individuals are overwhelmed by the needs of animals in their care in order to prevent the neglect, abuse, and/or abandonment of these animals.
Pets In Need began in 2009 as program of the UCAN Nonprofit Spay Neuter Clinic and the Freestore Foodbank. The program provided bi-weekly clinics on Sundays and served approximately 500 animals each year. By 2012 it had become clear that the demand for services far exceeded the capacity of a part-time effort.
Today, Pets In Need operates full-time from its own permanent facility, serving more than 3,500 pets from hundreds of qualified low-income households.
It is one of only a handful of nonprofit organizations anywhere in the country whose primary focus is on providing low-cost veterinary care.
We'll work with your schedule.
520 W. Wyoming AveCincinnati, OH 45215
- People Skills
- General Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 2 hours per week
- Ability to bend, lift and carry. Knowledge of electronic outdoor mainteneance equipment use.