MySahana is a 501(c)(3) certified nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing awareness about mental health, emotional health and well-being in the South Asian community. Through easy-to-understand descriptions of emotional health issues, educational workshops and culturally sensitive coping strategies, we hope to empower the South Asian community to realize their inner fortitude, take charge of their mental health and make better and more informed decisions for a healthy lifestyle.
We are looking for a Social Media Marketing and Communications intern, who will work as an independent contributor. Your responsibilities will involve developing, planning and implementing social media marketing campaigns across various social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. We require a 6 month minimum time commitment. By volunteering for us, you will gain hands on experience in a fast-growing nonprofit, have ample opportunities to hone your skills, and a chance to serve the community!
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the social media communities (including publishing, engagement, and managing creative processes) across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- Serve as the voice of MySahana, by working closely with cross functional teams across the organization to establish our authentic brand personality and identity via real-time engagement with users across multiple social media channels
- Study key target audiences and developing marketing plans on how social media will work best for them
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications and provide analysis on our active social media strategies and recommend opportunities for improvement
- Assist with additional project management duties for projects related to Social Media communication
Desired skills and experience:
6+ months of experience in strategizing or managing a social media marketing program for a small/medium organization is preferred
- Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Ability to develop and direct creation of specific editorial content that will measurably improve brand awareness and conversions
- Highly creative with great written communication skills
- Knowledge Hootsuite, SmarterQueue, and Canva
- Internet Research
- Google Apps
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Approximately 5 hours per week