Bus Buddy Volunteer
20 people are interested
The Bus Buddy volunteer is responsible for assisting newly arrived immigrants and refugees become self-sufficient when it comes to public transportation.
Primary Duties include:
- Meet with a client and provide individual bus instruction from their home to their destination of choice.
- Assist with the development of transportation curriculum.
- Assist with monthly transportation orientations.
- Candidate should be patient, flexible, resourceful and have good communication skills
- Candidate should be able to adapt to different learning styles
- Candidate should have experience working in a cross-cultural environments
- Candidate should be able to pass a background check
- Minimum of 4 hours/week
- Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
To apply, go to the International Institute of Minnesota’s website at https://iimn.z2systems.com/np/clients/iimn/projectList.jsp
Questions? Please contact Faith Loggers-Jamnik at FLoggers-Jamnik@iimn.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
International Institute of MN1694 Como AvenueSt. Paul, MN 55108
- General Education
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours/ week, Mondays-Fridays 9:00am-5:00pm