The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life is currently accepting applications to build a STRONG Event Leadership committee in the collegiate community! Join the nationwide movement to fight and end all types of cancer!
Basics of a Relay Event:
- Volunteer-lead event, similar to a festival or carnival
- Teams of people set up tents and fundraise around a track
- Members of each team take turns walking around the track for the duration of the event - because "cancer never sleeps"
- Food, games and activities provide entertainment and fundraising opportunities
- Family-friendly environment for the entire community
- Each team member is asked to raise a minimum of $100 in donations prior to the event.
Summary: This is the PERFECT opportunity for a college student who wants to earn leadership experience and volunteer hours. It is also a great way to make a difference in the collegiate community, while meeting new, inspirational people along the way. Our event is made up of a planning committee; simply put, this is a group of volunteer leaders who support, plan, and execute the Relay For Life event. Relay For Life of UNF is a club on campus, and we invite both UNF and non-UNF college students to participate. Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature event; Relays are held all around the world every year in an effort to fight cancer and find a cure!
Find out more by emailing Kristen.Broderdorp@cancer.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment