Connect with Hospice Patients One-on-One
8 people are interested
How can you benefit by being a volunteer?
- Increase meaning and purpose in your life
- Feel pride in making an impact
- Experience significant opportunities for growth and development
- Be appreciated
Be a friendly companion:
- Visit patients near your school, work, or home
- Read to patients, engage sensory and emotional memories, assist with life review and activities, give a hand massage
- Contribute to our patients’ quality of life just by being there
We offer you:
- FREE TB test
- Extremely flexible assignments - daytime or evening, weekdays or weekends
- Convenient FREE training that fits your schedule
About Holisticare Hospice
1144 Hooper Avenue #208, Toms River, NJ 08753, US
From its inception, the mission of Holisticare Hospice has been to ensure that end-of-life care envelops the patient, their caregivers, and their families with spiritual and physical comfort. Forgoing curative treatment and opting for a palliative approach allows hospice care to be provided where the patient lives, surrounded by family and friends with the support of experienced healthcare professionals.
Hospice is a type of care and a philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill patient’s symptoms. These symptoms can be physical, emotional, spiritual or social in nature. Hospice care is provided to people that have a limited life expectancy and choose comfort and relief from pain and other symptoms.
We'll work with your schedule.
Shorrock Gardens Care Center75 Old Toms River RdBrick, NJ 08723
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours per week