Admin Assistant With Creativity
8 people are interested
I'm looking for an Admin Assistant for The Performance Project and First Generation Youth Program. :
- Work with director
- Help gather content for our newsletter and put together on Mail Chimp
- Phone and email outreach
- Outreach around community and fundraising events
- Outreach to colleges and student groups
- Experience with office/admin
- Strong writing and computer skills
- Help create flyers and posters (Adobe In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Fabulous phone skills
- Is creative, well organized, good follow through, good with deadlines,
- Understands the nature of a small non-profit, or, is willing to learn
- Cares about the challenges that youth in Holyoke and Springfield are facing today
About The Performance Project
300 Appleton St, Holyoke, MA 01040, US
MISSION The Performance Project is an arts community of many ages and ancestries that engages young people in artistic training, inter-generational mentoring, leadership development, and community building through the arts.
THE PERFORMANCE PROJECT
The Performance Project began in 2000 as a theater and movement workshop at the Hampshire Jail and House of Corrections in Northampton, MA. We collaborated incarcerated men to create performances based on their personal life experiences to encourage self-reflection and healing.
Our work with youth began in 2008 with First Generation youth program.
First Generation engages youth in artistic training, inter-generational mentoring, leadership development, social justice and community building through the arts. First Gen members may be the first in their family to grow up in the US, to speak English, to graduate high school, go to college, be openly LGBT+, be an activist, break a silence, among many other firsts....
First Gen youth participants create original multi-lingual physical theater. Our plays have been performed in schools, colleges, theaters, summits and conferences in Western Massachusetts, and at two international theater festivals.
Visual Art Residencies bring our artistic and community building process to youth who are incarcerated and in treatment.
We'll work with your schedule.
38 Fort Hill TerraceNorthampton, MA 01060
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Arts Administration
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 4-6 hrs a week